NEW CTR - Dirt under the Clear Coat?

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
I really doubt it will be the last one. The whole "it's a limited run car" has been used by many dealer salesman since 2017. Many in the US believed it and paid significant mark up.

Swindon isn't closing for another year. They plan on making 430+ cars a day.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

WannaBeTypeR

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag
I really doubt it will be the last one. The whole "it's a limited run car" has been used by many dealer salesman since 2017. Many in the US believed it and paid significant mark up.

Swindon isn't closing for another year. They plan on making 430+ cars a day.
Well I think there has been an issue with Honda lately as I even saw an article on them having difficulties right now, and even the dealers that I ask about say they can't order a new one? Figured they'd push for a sale if possible but they won't even offer

Pzb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Country flag
I would just leave it. I doubt they would take off the side skirt to re paint.

If you want to see how good Honda’s paint quality really is, look at the ends of the fascia around the wheel well. Paint run off all over the place. This may change your mind about this defect being okay.

Topsportsman916

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rallye Red Sport Touring & 2019 Rallye Red CTR
Country flag
I wouldn't let that stop me from buying the car. From your pictures, I don't think you can see it unless you're right on top of it. I'd leave it alone and take it as is. Maybe they'll knock a little off the price

Krisis52

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR Sonic Gray Pearl
Country flag
Looks almost like hydraulic oil from transport. For sure in the paint? I wouldnt worry to much about it or ask if you can take it to a reputable body for there opinion. Wouldnt have them mess with it just note it in the contract in the event it causes peeling of the paint in the future.

OP
OP

WannaBeTypeR

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag
I am thinking why not get it painted? If I don't like it I can just make them redo it or replace it with a prepainted one (they don't want to go that way but if they don't get it right I should have leverage, right?)

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
I am thinking why not get it painted? If I don't like it I can just make them redo it or replace it with a prepainted one (they don't want to go that way but if they don't get it right I should have leverage, right?)
See my reason to not let a dealership touch the car lol - honestly that looks removable / such a minor issue you should just take it. But we're four pages in on this so def paint it and take your chances! lol

Good luck and post up results!

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
For the most part, there wouldn’t be an issue going this route. Keep in mind that if you don’t like the paint job and they can’t get it to your liking, you’ll most likely be on the hook for the preprinted body panel. Additionally, if they did blending then it may also clash with the new pre-painted panel; it most likely won’t though, but you never know.

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
Get it repainted. You aren't happy with the car now so I don't think you should take delivery.
If you don't like the respray then I'd find another dealer.

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
Are you sure it’s under the clear coat? Honda QC isn’t great by any means, but this is too obvious to miss during QC. Personally, I wouldn’t take a car if I’m not 100% happy with it, and also, I would not take a brand new car that has any body parts repainted. I say double check if it’s actually under the clear coat and cannot be polished out. If it is, I would keep looking. Just think about: is it going to bother to know that it is there? Sometimes, we’re too excited when we find the car we want, and we overlook the imperfection so don’t let that excitement take control of your decision.

OP
OP

WannaBeTypeR

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag
Get it repainted. You aren't happy with the car now so I don't think you should take delivery.
If you don't like the respray then I'd find another dealer.
Problem is there is no other dealers with one within 3000 kms... ?

OP
OP

WannaBeTypeR

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag
Are you sure it’s under the clear coat? Honda QC isn’t great by any means, but this is too obvious to miss during QC. Personally, I wouldn’t take a car if I’m not 100% happy with it, and also, I would not take a brand new car that has any body parts repainted. I say double check if it’s actually under the clear coat and cannot be polished out. If it is, I would keep looking. Just think about: is it going to bother to know that it is there? Sometimes, we’re too excited when we find the car we want, and we overlook the imperfection so don’t let that excitement take control of your decision.
That is what the dealer told me, and trust me it's the polar opposite, I'm telling them to take the skirt off and repaint it so it looks factory 100% perfect, and down the line if it doesn't suffice, I can always spend 1k and get a brand new pre painted skirt if I choose, and I can walk away if the paintjob doesn't suffice. I'm just worried there won't be another one considering Honda shut down delivery of 2020 cars.

Topsportsman916

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rallye Red Sport Touring & 2019 Rallye Red CTR
Country flag
Dude, from all of your posts, you want the car and you want the panel repainted. So let the dealer paint it like they offered and get the car. Then you'll be happy. What information are you trying to get people to tell you? Other options have been provided but you repeat the same thing. It's your money, so do what YOU think is right. Now go buy it and enjoy the car.?