WannaBeTypeR

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag
That is very good and I would feel good about that process but it still means someone is going to be driving it.
Instead, I would ask for an accessory/service hookup.
Like a free lowering spring install and alignment?
He mentioned it has already been driven for the PPI, which I believe was done at the "detailers"?

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Should I move forward or still tell them not to paint it?
That final decision is up to you. Personally, I'd have it repainted. It would be nicer if they would allow you to choose the body shop to do the work though. As long as the end result is to your liking, though, it should be fine.

He mentioned it has already been driven for the PPI, which I believe was done at the "detailers"?
The car had to be driven a little for all the pre-sale stuff. Detailing is part of these steps normally, though based on those splotches, I don't think the car was detailed. But there are other pre-sale stuff that could be done (the orange blocks in the suspension, getting the tire pressures setup and TPMS reset, etc.). Some dealerships also fill the car with a full tank of gas for you as well.

Edit: if you're really worried about them driving it hard, ask them if you could drop it off after you've broken in the motor (that's about 600 miles).

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I agree with the horror stories. I would most definitely leave it. My modern steel metallic had 2 paint defects in the base coat, one on the hood and one on the trunk. Clear looks good and I'm not worried about it a bit. The paint on these Hondas is notoriously cheap. Dollar premium speakers, $20 head unit and $50 paint job are probably the chintziest parts of the car. I detail my car every week and 1.5 years in I'm about to wrap the hood from all the tiny rock chips. Just throw that in your 1k$ off MSRP pitch, a little leverage on your deal. If anything it'll give you an excuse to wrap it down the road if you even remember the blemish was ever there...

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Cool story but the 2005 mustang gt wasn't 5.0
Hahahahaha

To the OP I would just ignored. Not worth it. The car will get scratches anyway. Specially in that area.
LOL I had 5.0 so hard on the brain I put that for the year - you are correct - it was a 2011 -

Wouldn't have had a GPS and such in a 2005 either lol!

Good catch

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Should I move forward or still tell them not to paint it?
Say not to repaint it -

Ask them to order the pre-painted side skirt if it bothers you that much - but again - They will have to take it apart - would they do it perfectly? Who knows - so you risk additional damage.

I'd get another one or take that one as is, or accept a skirt and put it on myself.

I'm telling you they always mess things up 'trying to help'.

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Hard to tell from pictures but it looks like it might be contaminated from transit. Have a detailer look at it and see if it can be removed via chemicals or polishing

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
if you're already committed to the car, ask them about the warranty on the work they did repainting it. If you're not happy about the longevity/quality of the job after the fact have it re-done at a shop near you instead.

personally i wouldn't accept it like that, and it would bother me every time i washed the car. Onus is on the dealer to take care of it.

OP
OP

WannaBeTypeR

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag
So many mixed opinions, damn I was really hoping for a consensus here

OP
OP

WannaBeTypeR

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag
Say not to repaint it -

Ask them to order the pre-painted side skirt if it bothers you that much - but again - They will have to take it apart - would they do it perfectly? Who knows - so you risk additional damage.

I'd get another one or take that one as is, or accept a skirt and put it on myself.

I'm telling you they always mess things up 'trying to help'.
They will not pay for the side skirt, I did ask about it, best they can do is repaint

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
They will not pay for the side skirt, I did ask about it, best they can do is repaint
Look at my above post. Take it to a detailer to determine if it’s a surface contaminant or something below the clear.

If it’s below the clear I would have it taken to a trust body shop that can paint match well. I wouldn’t have them blend into the doors though

OP
OP

WannaBeTypeR

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag
Look at my above post. Take it to a detailer to determine if it’s a surface contaminant or something below the clear.

If it’s below the clear I would have it taken to a trust body shop that can paint match well. I wouldn’t have them blend into the doors though
Their initial statement (from the detailer) is that it is below the clearcoat. They are wanting to repaint at their painter, told me it will be done up to par and will send pictures and videos after it is done to review, and I am not obligated to purchase it.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Their initial statement (from the detailer) is that it is below the clearcoat. They are wanting to repaint at their painter, told me it will be done up to par and will send pictures and videos after it is done to review, and I am not obligated to purchase it.
You haven’t bought it yet? I thought you had already :p I still say the decision is up to you. At this point, worse case scenario you just walk away from it.

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
If you haven’t bought it walk away. I wouldn’t even want to deal with that

OP
OP

WannaBeTypeR

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag
If you haven’t bought it walk away. I wouldn’t even want to deal with that
It is the only one left in the province, with no more incoming...I don't know what to do about this...
Sponsored