New Clutch in the works for cheaper...

markie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si 2020
Country flag
Recently saw this in a Facebook Group and some other information. I’m interested to see a cheaper Retrofit Clutch. Supposedly for $900?

What’s your guys input?

Honda Civic 10th gen New Clutch in the works for cheaper... 7A0374F8-2B65-4C87-9FA5-17A2F7C634BA
Sponsored

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
I doubt they will get it right. I wish them good luck

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
why make a retro when competition clutch made it and has it in stock and much cheaper
so no issues with competition clutch? I heard some people saying that those clutches hate slipping in traffic and gives a burnt smell even with little slipping

Fin_72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Since Competition Clutch is later to the market I think they have advantage to get it right. They didn't do an aluminum flywheel and kept the weight between 17lbs-22lbs depending on which one you get. They also implemented the 240mm diameter clutch disc like the Type R. I opted for the Stage 2 with 22lb flywheel. I also bought a CMC from Eman so hopefully this will be a winning combination.

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
so no issues with competition clutch? I heard some people saying that those clutches hate slipping in traffic and gives a burnt smell even with little slipping
That really just sounds like bad driving to me. Same thing was said about the FX400 yet here I am along with others driving it daily with no issues.

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Crazy how rumors spread from people who dont even know how to drive, apparently

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
I heard the same about those clutches. I was gonna get it but then I stopped because the guy that had the first prototype hasn’t replied to my reply on his thread about the clutch. I’m going to be picking up a stage 2 from action clutch today

DmK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI
Country flag
I heard the same about those clutches. I was gonna get it but then I stopped because the guy that had the first prototype hasn’t replied to my reply on his thread about the clutch. I’m going to be picking up a stage 2 from action clutch today
Is anybody have actual proof or is it as always just horror rumors?

Rich19Si

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Crazy how rumors spread from people who dont even know how to drive, apparently
Agreed, it seems nearly every civic driver blips the throttle excessively to 2-3k while going from a stop. And people wonder why their clutch slips or wears prematurely. From all manufacturers, it seems ours (Honda) get the worst drivers, as much as I hate to say it.

Competition is a pretty reputable brand like ACT and Exedy and have made a name for themselves with their quality products. This gen shouldn’t be any different.

Last edited:

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
His last reply was to someone asking about it and he answered. He hasn't been back online since then so it makes sense you haven't gotten a response.

Edit: went and checked the dates, he's been running it since December 2019 and gave his update to that person June 11th about it still grabbing good. I doubt much has changed in one month since then.

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
Well see what’s up when more people get it installed. If my buddy don’t get me the action clutch today ima just order the competition clutch

alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017
Country flag
Since Competition Clutch is later to the market I think they have advantage to get it right. They didn't do an aluminum flywheel and kept the weight between 17lbs-22lbs depending on which one you get. They also implemented the 240mm diameter clutch disc like the Type R. I opted for the Stage 2 with 22lb flywheel. I also bought a CMC from Eman so hopefully this will be a winning combination.
How did u get your cmc from emans ... trying to buy 2 since april

Travie_FC3

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I'll be going for the same combo. Like most of us, I'm just looking for something reliable that is future proofed for power mods.

Fin_72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
How did u get your cmc from emans ... trying to buy 2 since april
I would email him to see when the next batch will be. I just kept checking his website occasionally until I saw some for sale.
Sponsored