These 'newest' new pictures are from July 13th-
Sponsored

Tony503

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic HB Sport Touring
Country flag
Where have you read that the Si will be coupe or sedan only? Everything I've read (which isn't much) says it'll come in sedan, coupe and hatch. As far as I know, tho, the CTR will be hatch only.
When 10th gen Civic production started last year, Honda Canada did say that every sedan, coupe, and Si sold in Canada will be made in Canada. I take that to mean no Si hatch at least in Canada.

limitedslip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Si coupe, 13 Si coupe, 10 Si Coupe

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Could we be looking at a hybrid drive where the rear-wheels are electric?

It appears that the rear wheels have large disk brakes, but they don't have the Bembo-looking calipers. They look more than a little like the energy-recovery brakes on a Tesla or i8.

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just noticed the triple exhaust. Interesting.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag

It appears that the rear wheels have large disk brakes, but they don't have the Bembo-looking calipers. They look more than a little like the energy-recovery brakes on a Tesla or i8.
You know I was thinking this but didn't want to say it out loud... but I think this is possible, but it goes against everything TypeR - which is #MaxWeightReduction.

Brett Bynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 honda fit sport

SpartanSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX and Honda CR-V
Country flag
Where have you read that the Si will be coupe or sedan only? Everything I've read (which isn't much) says it'll come in sedan, coupe and hatch. As far as I know, tho, the CTR will be hatch only.
David....I think an Si hatch is wishful thinking. Just trying to prepare you for the disappointment. The hatch is coming from the UK. The sedan and coupe are being built in NA. Perhaps if the Si gets the 2.0T......but, from what I have read so far, it appears like the Si is going to get an over boosted 1.5T. We will see.....but, I am thinking the Si will be coupe and sedan vs. all three body styles.

SpartanSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX and Honda CR-V
Country flag
http://www.touringcartimes.com/2016/06/22/honda-could-switch-to-rear-wheel-drive-in-2017/

“The next Civic is a four-wheel drive car so we can do it. OK, it doesn’t have a boxer engine, but we can do what they’ve done and we would just have to go rear-wheel drive with them, that’s what (TOCA) have pushed the formula into,” explained Neal.
Interesting.....very interesting.......article. Gotta wonder if this was a slip up by the race team.....

Phosky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Civic DX
Country flag

Tesla doesn't recover energy via the braking system. The motor/inverter takes care of that task. However, if you're looking for clues that would suggest AWD, you're probably going to be disappointed. First, the prototypes clearly have no rear axles as seen (or rather not seen) in the latest spy shots. And probably the biggest clue is that Honda has already expressed their intent on recapturing the title of the fastest FWD car around the Nurbergring with the next CTR -- a feat that would be really hard to pull off with an AWD car.

Modernboom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport, 2008 Hyundai Tiburon, 1977 Chevrolet Corvette
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am not sure if this has crossed anyone else's mind but the current Honda lineup no manual transmission vehicle is offered with Honda Sensing. Wondering if this indicates something about transmission or if Honda finally has the tech in place to offer this on a vehicle with a manual.

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
It actually looks better with all the honeycomb nonsense covered up with the camouflage vinyl.
And is that spoiler for camouflage? I would be embarrassed to own that.
Sponsored