New Civic Type R Prototypes Spied With More Features

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Accord or maxima v6 may out drag a CTR but it won't out brake or corner-and for those of us that do plan to race that's more important than straight acceleration.
That said they're some awesome cruisers!

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Accord or maxima v6 may out drag a CTR but it won't out brake or corner-and for those of us that do plan to race that's more important than straight acceleration.
That said they're some awesome cruisers!
0-60 websites show the Accord V6 coup in the 6.7second range, fully a second slower than HPJaSon's CTR numbers, and well in the zone of the stock Civic turbo.

With the CVT the Accord drops to 7.6, which my Oddy will push if it's empty (same power plant, better tranny).

Still, the Subaru WRX STI is showing 4.7 seconds, and a well equipped one is around 38k new. That's quite a bar for the CTR to hit. If the CTR doesn't get in that neighborhood, I may have to consider going boxster.

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
I guess it depends on the website:
https://www.0-60specs.com/honda-accord-0-60-times/
Although I was wrong, the coupe is 5.9ish with the MT, however most variations are slower.

Regardless, hard to justify the CTR with mid 5's when the Subaru does better for less $$
Unless you care about reliability. Don't get me wrong, I like Subaru and really like the WRX, but Subaru overall doesn't have the reliability record of Honda.
http://www.carcomplaints.com/Subaru/WRX/
http://www.carcomplaints.com/Honda/Civic/

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Nor the comfort or technology. It does have an awesome turbo/engine combo but it only shines when hammered. If the CTR is related to the 9th CTR it should be docile and comfortable until the "beast is released".

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nor the comfort or technology. It does have an awesome turbo/engine combo but it only shines when hammered. If the CTR is related to the 9th CTR it should be docile and comfortable
Unless you care about reliability. Don't get me wrong, I like Subaru and really like the WRX, but Subaru overall doesn't have the reliability record of Honda/
Both valid points, but I already have a competent daily driver in my EX-T that is most likely going with my son when he heads to school next year.

For myself I want something seriously fun to replace it. I haven't had really fun car since I sold my '89 Wrangler in the early 90's.

I've taken up Autocross and Rally driving and want something in line with that. I was hoping the CTR would do it, but when solid BMW M3's are out there for half the price, and the 'Roo can out run it, I'm going to need some convincing that it's worth the money.

I hope I'm totally wrong and we see something ground breaking at Paris.
Sponsored