New Civic SI owner and very happy about it!!

RallyeRedMash

First Name
Mahesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Hey all!

I’ve been looking in on the forums for a while now and checking out what’s been happening to your GenX’s.
I’ve also been in the process of purchasing a rallye red Coupe SI for the past few weeks.

I finally took delivery of my new baby 2 days back and I’m ecstatic about owning it. What a car for the price!!!

Mods coming up will be tints but I will enjoy it stock for the time being. Tints are a must with the sun we’ve got here.

After that I’ll have a friend detail her beautifully as well!

Honda Civic 10th gen New Civic SI owner and very happy about it!! IMG_0204-1

Honda Civic 10th gen New Civic SI owner and very happy about it!! fullsizeoutput_14d7

Honda Civic 10th gen New Civic SI owner and very happy about it!! dVr1Qt%%Qaetg8rHOr6XU

OP
OP
RallyeRedMash

RallyeRedMash

First Name
Mahesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Welcome to the forums and I think you picked the best color ;)
Indeed I did man! It's not like I really had a choice though. She's 1 of 1 here where I'm from. Only Civic Is 10th Gen driving around.
But looking at all color options, I do think that Rallye Red represents the car the best.

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
Indeed I did man! It's not like I really had a choice though. She's 1 of 1 here where I'm from. Only Civic Is 10th Gen driving around.
But looking at all color options, I do think that Rallye Red represents the car the best.
Congratulations! She’s a beauty. I just got my red Si coupe a few weeks back and I couldn’t be happier about the car and this particular color. I think red is gorgeous on this car and it sure turns a lot of heads. But I went a step further and had Ceramic Pro applied to the entire body, and the red is now ultra glossy with the paint in a coating of glass. It needs it because I found the Honda clear coat to be pretty thin and susceptible to easy scratching. Also did a clear bra on hood and door sills. Aside from this, I’m gonna keep the car mostly stock, maybe a strut bar. Enjoy your new red devil

Last edited:

batman900

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R 2020 4Runner 2019 Camry 2011 Accord
Country flag
Another beautiful coupe, I wouldn't change a single thing about how they styled this car, congrats!

OP
OP
RallyeRedMash

RallyeRedMash

First Name
Mahesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Congratulations! She’s a beauty. I just got my red Si coupe a few weeks back and I couldn’t be happier about the car and this particular color. I think red is gorgeous on this car and it sure turns a lot of heads. But I went a step further and had Ceramic Pro applied to the entire body, and the red is now ultra glossy with the paint in a coating of glass. It needs it because I found the Honda clear coat to be pretty thin and susceptible to easy scratching. Also did a clear bra on hood and door sills. Aside from this, I’m gonna keep the car mostly stock, maybe a strut bar. Enjoy your new red devil
Thanks Man. This red sure does turn a lo of heads and works very well with the cars' lines. I was thinking of ceramic coating the car as well but I'm a bit on the fence about it. The heat here is ridiculous and I'm not sure how ceramic coatings will hold up here.
Also I don't have an indoor parking garage to help with the application.
I was thinking of just going with a rally good wax every few months.
Got any pics of how the ceramic coat looks on the car?

OP
OP
RallyeRedMash

RallyeRedMash

First Name
Mahesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Another beautiful coupe, I wouldn't change a single thing about how they styled this car, congrats!
Same here man. I think Honda balanced this car quite nicely in terms of looking aggressive and still having a lot of sexiness to it.
From certain angles it kind of looks like a little jet fighter.

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
Do a ceramic coat, if done properly, it’s orgasmic to look at. Plus is peace at mind that the car has a protective layer over the clear coat. Really like that last photo btw!

10Gensi

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Thanks Man. This red sure does turn a lo of heads and works very well with the cars' lines. I was thinking of ceramic coating the car as well but I'm a bit on the fence about it. The heat here is ridiculous and I'm not sure how ceramic coatings will hold up here.

If you have it properly applied and cured as well as take proper care of it you should have no issues. I have it on my car and every time I wash it its like its off the showroom floor. Mine is done with Cquartz Pro I will provide some pictures.

Honda Civic 10th gen New Civic SI owner and very happy about it!! Car 1

Honda Civic 10th gen New Civic SI owner and very happy about it!! Car 2.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen New Civic SI owner and very happy about it!! Car 3.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen New Civic SI owner and very happy about it!! Car 4.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen New Civic SI owner and very happy about it!! Car 5.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen New Civic SI owner and very happy about it!! Car 6.JPG

OP
OP
RallyeRedMash

RallyeRedMash

First Name
Mahesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
If you have it properly applied and cured as well as take proper care of it you should have no issues. I have it on my car and every time I wash it its like its off the showroom floor. Mine is done with Cquartz Pro I will provide some pictures.

Car 1.jpg

Car 2.JPG

Car 3.JPG

Car 4.JPG

Car 5.JPG

Car 6.JPG
Wow man that looks amazing! This is making me lean towards ceramic. I was actually researching Cquartz. They have a 3.0 formula out now too.

Chief 08

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
How much does a ceramic coat cost? I'm not impressed with the honda clear coat.

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sorry for the lateness. I can’t be certain, but from what I’ve read and heard, ceramic coatings hold up quite well in the heat. It’s like a glass coating and supposedly harder than factory clear coat, which I believe because my factory clear etched very easily even with my bare finger giving it a slight rub. A car shop did my Ceramic Pro over a weekend, so I didn’t do it myself. But the effect is really noticeable from any distance, with deeper gloss and shine than before application, and also the paint surface is now slippery smooth when running my hand over the paint...I’m really impressed by it. Parked on the driveway my car glitters like a show car even more now. I considered waxing but really didn’t want to wax on, wax off every few months...I’m lazy lol. I’ll post you a pic of the car soon. It’s still more or less stored waiting for better weather up here in Toronto. And yeah...it does look like a little fighter jet...good description!

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
How much does a ceramic coat cost? I'm not impressed with the honda clear coat.
The Honda clear coat sucks! Too thin. The Ceramic Pro cost me roughly $1,000. They gave me a good price actually, compared to others in the city

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Car 1.jpg

Car 2.JPG

Car 3.JPG

Car 4.JPG

Car 5.JPG

Car 6.JPG
Your paint looks beautiful! Like a mirror. The Cquartz gives a little more gloss than my ceramic pro. Did you also get your rims ceramic coated? I’m now addicted to keeping the paint clean, giving my car that show car look. One tip...use a lambswool duster to clean the paint when your between washes. It works!
Sponsored