New Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps / Covers

slothy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I highly recommend taking this to a shop that knows how to do this. Just snapped an irriplaceable part while trying to replace my first pair I received that didn’t fit properly. This isn’t an install that will go smoothly unless the parts are 100% fitment. Most irritating install ever.

Honda Civic 10th gen New Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps / Covers image
Sponsored

moistener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I highly recommend taking this to a shop that knows how to do this. Just snapped an irriplaceable part while trying to replace my first pair I received that didn’t fit properly. This isn’t an install that will go smoothly unless the parts are 100% fitment. Most irritating install ever.
I feel you. I encountered the same problem today and snapped the same clip. The product I received did not fit at all so I have put back on the OEM side mirror caps while I attempt to resolve this problem with Procivic. These carbon fiber caps ones are much stiffer than the OEM caps, which makes them more difficult to install. I'll have to JB weld the clip to repair it in the meantime.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Which is why I just ordered real carbon fiber cap covers instead of these direct replacements. I'll get 95% of the looks and 0% of the hassle. :)

slothy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Which is why I just ordered real carbon fiber cap covers instead of these. I'll get 95% of the looks and 0% of the hassle. :)
These are real carbon fiber, it’s just not 100% carbon fiber. It’s an ABS plastic skeleton with CF coating. Was hoping it was worth the price but not worth all this damage to my car. I just found another broken clip.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No, I wasn't saying these aren't real carbon fiber. I know they are. I was saying I just bought different real carbon fiber covers that go on with 3M tape. I had the fake carbon ones and just upgraded to real.

slothy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No, I wasn't saying these aren't real carbon fiber. I know they are. I was saying I just bought different real carbon fiber covers that go on with 3M tape. I had the fake carbon ones and just upgraded to real.
Ahh, I understand what you’re saying now.

slothy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I feel you. I encountered the same problem today and snapped the same clip. The product I received did not fit at all so I have put back on the OEM side mirror caps while I attempt to resolve this problem with Procivic. These carbon fiber caps ones are much stiffer than the OEM caps, which makes them more difficult to install. I'll have to JB weld the clip to repair it in the meantime.
I had a shop try to do this install originally and even they had difficulty. I can’t put on left OEM caps as that one broke during the removal. Now two clips have snapped on the right mirror and I’m just sitting here with my dick in my hand because neither of the caps I received fit properly.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ahh, I understand what you’re saying now.
Don't get me wrong I'm sure the ProCivic caps look awesome installed but it also looks 50-50 that the install could break something. I just didn't want the hassle.

slothy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Don't get me wrong I'm sure the ProCivic caps look awesome installed but it also looks 50-50 that the install could break something. I just didn't want the hassle.
Honestly, I’m wishing I didn’t touch these in the first place and just wrapped them as I originally wanted to.

slothy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Another pair with fitment issues?? o_O now I'm concerned about if mine will even fit...
My first set didn’t fit. I received replacement and the new left one fits but the new right doesn’t.

moistener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had a shop try to do this install originally and even they had difficulty. I can’t put on left OEM caps as that one broke during the removal. Now two clips have snapped on the right mirror and I’m just sitting here with my dick in my hand because neither of the caps I received fit properly.
That's rough and I can totally empathize. I broke 2 clips as well but managed to put the OEM's back on. I would consider JB plasticweld to bond the broken clips if possible. I wish these fit but I would rather have the OEM ones than put 3M carbon cover-overs.

SangreRaven

First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well that is concerning o_O @procivic any info on these issues? I wasn't planning on installing mine until they get clear coating done.... Are you seeing a lot of fitment issues??

slothy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That's rough and I can totally empathize. I broke 2 clips as well but managed to put the OEM's back on. I would consider JB plasticweld to bond the broken clips if possible. I wish these fit but I would rather have the OEM ones than put 3M carbon cover-overs.
Go that route if you still can. This install is a straight gamble, high risk : low reward.

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
Well that is concerning o_O @procivic any info on these issues? I wasn't planning on installing mine until they get clear coating done.... Are you seeing a lot of fitment issues??
We had one true defect (very obvious) so far out of quite a few of these sold. The problem is that the right side mirror, for whatever reason, seems to be more difficult to snap it, but it does go in, as evidenced in our install video. If you are having issues and feel you absolutely cannot get your mirror caps to fit, please email [email protected]. Often what we'll do in these cases is take them back for inspection and/or test fitment to determine if there is really an issue or not.
Sponsored