New Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps / Covers

slothy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
What didn't fit exactly? Didn't line up? Too big or too small ect? It will be a bit before I put mine on my paint guy looked at them and said they need to be cleared for sure (nothing against Pro Civic as he was really impressed with the carbon and gel quality). He said the clear gel coating is good but in a year or two will have issues just like Seibon does. I'm waiting to install them when I get my spoiler and new front grille painted / cleared and installed.
What do you mean they need to be cleared? And mine just don't fit all around. It's not flush anywhere, and clips aren't connecting properly, and the left one I'm currently holding it with tape. The OEM caps snapped during removal so I have no choice but to keep these on until the replacements come.
Sponsored

SangreRaven

First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What do you mean they need to be cleared? And mine just don't fit all around. It's not flush anywhere, and clips aren't connecting properly, and the left one I'm currently holding it with tape. The OEM caps snapped during removal so I have no choice but to keep these on until the replacements come.
Clear coating... So the carbon last... Same thing gets done to carbon hoods. The gel clear doesn't last long term so a good clear coating is helpful.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
In looking at the cap removal .pdf, it's absolutely insane how difficult Honda made something that should have been a fairly straightforward install.

I think that's why a lot of people just go with the tape-on carbon cap covers.

slothy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
In looking at the cap removal .pdf, it's absolutely insane how difficult Honda made what should have been fairly straightforward.
The instructions are pretty straightforward, but once you start doing it yourself, it's near impossible popping off all the retaining clips properly.

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
Well, I just saw the video we did. I think some of you that have already done the install are going to laugh at how easy Rudy makes it look. :)

There are some tricks to make it easier. Video should be up soon (they said this week).

SangreRaven

First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well, I just saw the video we did. I think some of you that have already done the install are going to laugh at how easy Rudy makes it look. :)

There are some tricks to make it easier. Video should be up soon (they said this week).
sweet, any tips and tricks are always welcome :D

-R

slothy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
A

Any update on that YouTube tutorial?

moistener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks like the video is up. Got these ordered and hopefully the installation will be as easy as the video implies.

slothy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Looks like the video is up. Got these ordered and hopefully the installation will be as easy as the video implies.

Bruh, they skipped the hardest retaining clip which is the third one (closest to the door). That one is pointed downwards. This entire video you can pretty much figure out from the installation PDFs. Smh, was hoping to see how the pushed off the retaining clips.