mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
Is there any car air freshener which smells like new car smell?

Many years ago, I tried a few so called “New car smell” products but they did not work at all.
Sponsored

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
In order to get back to the actual "new car smell", you would first have to completely "undo" whatever new smells you interior acquired (exhaust, sweat, smoke, pets, etc.), i.e. somehow neutralize whatever particles are causing the current scent.

AFAIK, no chemical product can do that -- they all add more scent (to overpower the existing one), instead of removing the existing scent(s).

That said, -- I haven't researched this subject matter in a very, very long time, so things might have changed; if someone knows of such a product, it would be good to hear about it.

akirarex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic
Country flag
The "New Car Smell" is all of the polymers outgassing toxic stench (curing to some degree). Like your dashboard, foams, rubbers, plastics,carpets. This is also why you get a haze on the inside of your windshield......it comes from outgassing. Not exactly good for you. Mercedes once made a vehicle with the lowest outgassing materials for people that are sensitive to those things.

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I love my Coconut tree.

akirarex makes sense. It's the reason it goes away. I love it but don't miss it.

mzubb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda Pilot, 2006 Acura MDX, 2007 Toyota Camry
Country flag
While your response was hilarious, I do think there’s value from asking this very smart CivicX community for their experiences. Your google example provided links from sellers and resellers and their testimonials may be biased.

CobraCommand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Canadian Civic LX Hatchback, formerly 2017 Canadian Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
While your response was hilarious, I do think there’s value from asking this very smart CivicX community for their experiences. Your google example provided links from sellers and resellers and their testimonials may be biased.
I suppose, though it's a product not specific to a civic and the chemical guys one alone has 1400+ amazon reviews.

OP
OP

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
I suppose, though it's a product not specific to a civic and the chemical guys one alone has 1400+ amazon reviews.
I did some research, Chemical Guy offers 3 scents : New car, leather and stripper (right, stripper).

Then Meguiars also has a product New Car Scent Protectant.

I kinda lean toward Meguiars because I have been using Meguiars products for the past 12 years with excellent results.

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
You do know that new car smell is toxic right?

OP
OP

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
You do know that new car smell is toxic right?
Yes.
I am looking for a product which simulates new car scent. I am sure Meguiars would not sell a toxic product.

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
Yes.
I am looking for a product which simulates new car scent. I am sure Meguiars would not sell a toxic product.
From the amazon reviews, it's just another perfume.

Maybe try a small amount of nail polish remover mixed with RTV caulk. The chemicals out gassed resemble new car smell.

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag
My new car smell faded very quickly; wish it would have lasted longer than it did.

DrwMDvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan, 2000 Honda Civic
Country flag
AFAIK, no chemical product can do that -- they all add more scent (to overpower the existing one), instead of removing the existing scent(s).
Frebreze has been a lie my whole life o_O

DoubleDown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
Here's my Febreze New Car Smell mod. I had some issues taking it out of the package, but the install took about 30 seconds. I'm sure others can install it faster, but I'm real picky about the placement. Let me know if anyone needs any installation tips, and I'll try to walk you through it step by step.

Honda Civic 10th gen New car smell 20171129_140816
Sponsored