New Car Options Civic Hatchback 2019 Help?

kg4fxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring Black
Country flag
Looking at the Civic Hatchback.

I was think of adding Body Side Molding. Some say it helps. Can't guarantee every door will hit the molding but anything is better than nothing. I park in a parking deck.

I was thinking of skipping the mud guards. Thinking they look nice but more to add to detailing. I live in Georgia and rare to have snow. I am the only one in the car. So the inside is very clean.

I have spent days reading about floor mats. Oh my God! WeatherTech, Husky and others. I want something that looks nice. And something for the hatch too. I also want to buy off Amazon a hatch organizer. I carry a few tools, self jump start, air compressor and tire gauge. Keep most of it there and not stuff in the compartments. Less rattles.

My wife laughs as I click my feet (heels) before I enter the car, most is dust that I vacuum off the mats. I have always has some sort of rubber mat.

If I need more interior lighting there appear to be kits to add under dash LED's.

My commute is about 2 hours a day round trip. BTW looking at the Touring model. I like the Hatch best. Current car is Mini Cooper Coupe 2013 two seater and I am amazed at how the Civic drives.

From what I can gather all options are really dealer added. Meaning, dealer adds them. Not like you pick many options.

What or why did you choose any dealer adds? What is most important? Anything special about dealer or Honda mats? Door edge guards? Mud Flaps? Body Side Molding? Anything I am missing?

In the past I have a clear bra added. But I drive so many miles and I know I will trade car most likely in 5 years. I run 65 miles a day. There is no way to keep it pristine and perfect. And it kills me. Which is why I avoid any more expensive type cars. Too many miles and cost of maintenance. My 2013 has 80K. And very expensive to maintain.

Any comments or thoughts much appreciated. Unfortunately, any car will not live forever. So, what decisions are you faced with when buying a new car? So many choices. You want to keep it like new but how?
Sponsored

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
change out those windshield wiper asap, the stocks one are crap.

OP
OP
kg4fxg

kg4fxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
change out those windshield wiper asap, the stocks one are crap.
This is interesting - wipers. I will have to research this one on the forum. In truth, I am not a fan of the rear wiper. I wish it was flush to the glass like some SUV's. But I will look into wipers. Glad you all have a forum to debate various upgrades, there always has to be something a little bit better.
Thanks

Scott_ATL

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic HB Sport Touring, 2012 Ford Fusion Hybrid
Country flag
I too live in Georgia and bought my Sport Touring HB at the end of August. For me, the mud/splash guards were a must. After the drive home from the dealer and their "detail & prep", I had black tire dressing splattered all down the sides of my White Orchid Pearl paint. Having had a white vehicle before, and experienced Georgia red clay stains - I ordered and installed the guards within the first week.

As for floor mats, I've had WeatherTech in past vehicles and they did their job well. However, if I wore anything other than sneakers on my feet, my feet would slide across the mat; and if my feet were wet it was as if someone had ArmorAll'd the mats. That wasn't really safe for me. Mine came with the factory Honda carpeted ones. I researched out the wazoo, and decided on the 3D MaxPider mats. They look great, so far have done their job in catching any debris, and best of all, my feet don't slip.

I haven't had any issues with my wipers, but then again I AquaPel'd them as soon as I got the car. I've used that stuff for years on other cars, and I only really need my wipers in heavy downpours. After about 25 mph, the water just flies off the windshield and it clears itself.

lucho707

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic HB Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I started with the Honda all weather mats and the trunk mat as well. I got those at the dealer when I purchased the car. Heavily overpriced as always, only got them because I didn't want to wait to get them shipped and then install them when the carpet could possibly get dirty. So I learned my lesson and ordered everything else online and installed myself. I started with the mudflaps and the door edge protectors, and did all the OEM interior lighting(red). Couple of days ago I just installed the 3M vinyl rear bumper protector. I have been pretty happy with everything so far. I live in Northern CA, we get some ice, and extreme heat. I just got my car in May, so I am interested to see how it holds up in the winter. Will definitely be a fun commuter car. I enjoy the zip this car has. I only drive my car on the weekends, due to my company truck. I always look forward to the weekend to take it out for a good ride. Good luck.

Dis4Damion

First Name
Damion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
I have a hatch as well and installed door edge guards and body side molding first. Then I got OEM High wall mats off of ebay (Your dealer will rob you) and I love them! I don't know anything about WeatherTech other than that they are sooooo expensive.

I'm also going to install a cargo tray and interior/console illumination.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
(1) High Wall mats -- A MUST. Word of warning .. there are batches of the OEM Honda Matts manufactured in 2018 ?, that have their rubber developed a milky color film on the surface. (not easy fixed, so best avoided).

(2) Side door Molding. (and door edge strips). Also a must have, especially if you park in public parking area. People these days have NO RESPECT for other peoples cars - may help if you are lucky.

(3) Wipers -- So far after 6 months our wipers are still fine, but that might change with winter. They certainly got a lot of use this summer on the East Coast USA, with all the rain !!

(4) Trunk Matt .. Also a must, if you intend to put anything in the trunk, if only to help support whatever you put there -- the standard Honda Trunk floor is like Plastic Cardboard, and bows and bends with the slightest weight.

(5) Not mentioned, but check. GAP Insurance. Make sure you know if you have it or not, and what it will cover. If you don't have it, make sure you really do not want it.

So, to get from Dealer or Online. ?
Dealer will rob you blind - this is what Dealer do with Accessories !!

The Mats are easy to install. The Side Door Guards come with a template. If you are even moderately good with your hands, it is something you can do yourself, and take the care over to get it right. Once again, Dealer should have done this and have experiences, but they will do it a quickly as they can .. you can take your time and hopefully do just as good a job -- if not better.

You do NOT want to have to try to remove them if you do not get them straight !!

OP
OP
kg4fxg

kg4fxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I appreciate all the advice.

Mats high wall not dealer.
Body Side Molding
Mud Guards (I am re-considering these) they look nice.
Door Edge Strips - not sure I understand why? My doors don't touch anything.
Truck Mat or Liner - will order on-line as well. Excellent advice. And a truck organizer too! I carry a self jump and inflator plus a few tools. Keep it all there such as tire gauge and prevent rattles from other compartments. :)

On the Fence
Wheel locks - just using stock wheels and I never had anyone steel my wheels. I would if I bought expensive wheels.
Clear Bra - My current car has it. I wish I could clear bra the windshield and avoid stone chips. Thinking. I can't drive it 2 hours a day and keep the body show room perfect. Comments? I run up the miles so fast. So trading a car about every 5 years. I might could keep this one longer. Massive miles would keep me away from any luxury high priced car such as BMW. So back to Clear Bra. Or just set aside 2K for the bodyshop over the life of the car.

I am a bit OCD about cars and clean. You could eat off the floors in my car. I am the only one in it. Family car is the wife's. Much of the stuff I use is Griot's. Open to all other products. Part of keeping a car clean is the right equipment. I like there product on the garage floor so I know exactly when to stop. I even click my shoes together so as not to track dust in the car. Vacuum in garage next to Griot's rolling rack.

My current car has (my additions)
Blackvue Dash Cam
Passport 8500ci hidden permanent radar - I prefer speed limit but like to know if I am being watched. I am more into great gas mileage. Paranoid about police. Thank God the dash cam will at the wave of my hand audio record.
Amateur Radio (No holes drilled) Goose neck for head attached to seat post sits next to console.
Glock for protection of course. After all I drive in Atlanta. Just read the newspaper (on-line) and you will understand.

I love all the mods on this forum. Who would have thought Civic's had so many available mods and not just for speed/power. Even simple ones anyone can do. Love the LED light mods.

Dealers
One dealer I emailed, did the test drive. Dealer emailed one quote. Was adding options, been over a week no response. Contacted and started with another dealer. Hopefully soon car will be in. No financing. Not planning on any maintenance contracts. Comments? They always have a clever way to avoid certain issues. Definitely avoid dealer contracts. Honda maybe fine but in reality it can't be that expensive of a car to maintain.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
I love all the mods on this forum. Who would have thought Civic's had so many available mods and not just for speed/power. Even simple ones anyone can do. Love the LED light mods.
It's quite an eye opener to see how many accessory and addon options are available to the Honda cars in Japan, that never make it to Honda USA !!

OP
OP
kg4fxg

kg4fxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah, I have seen too many videos. Some have Power Folding Mirrors. I have that on my current car. Would be nice as you don't want someone to take off your mirror when parked by accident.

Dis4Damion

First Name
Damion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag

Wheel locks - just using stock wheels and I never had anyone steel my wheels. I would if I bought expensive wheels.
I definitely recommend wheel locks, I bet you can purchase them online and install them yourself for cheap!

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Edge guards and All weather mats are an easy add on you can get for free or did you buy it already ?

OP
OP
kg4fxg

kg4fxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Had the dealer throw in the mats as the car already had the trunk/hatch liner. I have always preferred rubber mats in all my cars. I added body side molding the car had the door edge guards. I also added clear bra full hood.
Sponsored