New car issues

Bandit390

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan
I just got back home with my new 2016 Civic EX-T sedan and noticed some discoloration spots on the top of the car. I noticed this when I first looked at it and the guy ran it through the car wash again, but I forgot to check again before I left. Is this a serious issue on a new car or should I just let them fix it and move on? They said call them back on Monday to see what they can do.

Honda Civic 10th gen New car issues 20160514_181225
Sponsored

Jon Snow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic Blue Metallic
Country flag
Are you saying if you rub it with a wet towel it won't come off? That it's not something ON the paint, but IN the paint? If it's the former, that's not a problem with the car. If it's the latter that definitely seems like a warranty issue where you need to take it back to the dealer.

OP
OP

Bandit390

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan
Are you saying if you rub it with a wet towel it won't come off? That it's not something ON the paint, but IN the paint? If it's the former, that's not a problem with the car. If it's the latter that definitely seems like a warranty issue where you need to take it back to the dealer.
Yes, it's something in the paint and will not wash off.

Jon Snow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic Blue Metallic
Country flag
Yes, it's something in the paint and will not wash off.
Then I would definitely return that car as defective if they can't fix it (probably would require replacing all the affected panels, don't let them just cover it with touch-up paint). That will negatively affect resale value and it could become worse over time, causing the paint to flake off or whatnot. I know that's a huge pain to return a car, but clearly that's not something that should be seen as acceptable, not by you and not by the dealer and not by Honda.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If that is really "in" the paint rather than "on" it I also would definitely return that car. That is some serious discoloration.
Sponsored