new car has small scratch marks ALL OVER CAR

Deleted member 5421

Hi Wyborowa,
I believe the problem you are experiencing is that the Megs cleaner wax is simply filling your swirls and not removing them, and the products you are putting on top of the Megs are removing it - therefore exposing the swirls again.
As DallasCivicX and others have said, you need to remove the swirls and then apply a good quality filler free wax or sealant as protection.
To the OP: Respectfully I've said this same thing repeatedly and you keep asking the same questions over and over.

To be blunt: STOP using off the shelf cleaner waxes and "breathable sealants" (breathable sealant is a joke - right?) as you are simply masking the problems and not fixing it. And STOP trying to get the dealers to fix. I don't know how to be more clear that almost all of them will only make it worse. This is not a Honda dealer problem - It a car dealership problem and is the same (I'm talking with 20 years experience) whether it be Audi, BMW, Mercedes, or ANY dealership.

I don't know how else to phrase my answers so it's best I bow out of this thread at this point. Good luck.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Wyborowa

Wyborowa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic coupe LX MT
Country flag
To the OP: Respectfully I've said this same thing repeatedly and you keep asking the same questions over and over.

To be blunt: STOP using off the shelf cleaner waxes and "breathable sealants" (breathable sealant is a joke - right?) as you are simply masking the problems and not fixing it. And STOP trying to get the dealers to fix. I don't know how to be more clear that almost all of them will only make it worse. This is not a Honda dealer problem - It a car dealership problem and is the same (I'm talking with 20 years experience) whether it be Audi, BMW, Mercedes, or ANY dealership.

I don't know how else to phrase my answers so it's best I bow out of this thread at this point. Good luck.
I am worried that this will be the third time in three months a DA orbiter Will be put to the surface of my car ... Isn't that an issue?

aggieg33k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Unfortunately, mine has scratches all across the top and I didn't notice it until after I got it home. I brought it back and some were removed, but others were still there. Does anyone know a good detailer in DFW that won't mess up the paint?

cycledrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Accord sedan 4 cyl
5 hour drive to buy new car? Check manual, but they usually say 'avoid constant speed for long periods'. New engines don't like that.

"For the first thousand miles, avoid constant speeds and throttle settings. If you commute in normal stop-and-go traffic, you'll be fine. I advise against cruise-controlled sojourns across Nebraska."

http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/how-to/a3113/how-to-break-in-a-new-car/

** I diasgree with early oil change in article above as Honda service advisor said break-in solution added to new engine oil

Last edited:

aggieg33k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Mine was also driven some distance to take delivery. It was driven about 2 1/2 hours from it's location.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
5 hour drive to buy new car? Check manual, but they usually say 'avoid constant speed for long periods'. New engines don't like that.

"For the first thousand miles, avoid constant speeds and throttle settings. If you commute in normal stop-and-go traffic, you'll be fine. I advise against cruise-controlled sojourns across Nebraska."

http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/how-to/a3113/how-to-break-in-a-new-car/

** I diasgree with early oil change in article above as Honda service advisor said break-in solution added to new engine oil
Even though the referenced article is only 6 years old it's terribly misinforming. Read your owner's manual, or just drive like a "normal" person for the first 2 tanks, and you'll be fine. After that "anything goes" if you can afford that.

OP
OP
Wyborowa

Wyborowa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic coupe LX MT
Country flag
I used..
Meguiars mirror bright car shampoo.
Meguiars m7 car glaze
Coat of meguiars gold glass paste wax

Also, I washed my car with the same shampoo 5 days ago , and applied meguiars Ultimate paste wax, which is a full synthetic.
Then the next day, (4 days ago) I used wizards mist n shine detail spray on the whole car and I applied a second coat of synthetic ultimate paste wax...

I called the number on the paste wax can and they told me to allow 24 hours for the paste wax to cure and bond the car.
I figured to apply the sealant earlier in the week followed by a hybrid carnuba to bring deapth to the paint .. but I found out the gold class paste wax is actually a hybred .. carnuba with synthetic...

I think it looks great but I can't help but think using a pure carnuba wax will bring out the deapth of the color more... it looks too matte of a finish..

Any thoughts, ideas? Should I do a second coat of gold paste wax tomorrow or get a Pure carnuba wax instead?
I have a tub of megs red tin cleaner wax and a bit of collinite 845 in addition to the mentioned products above. The cleaner wax I think is a deff NO to put on top and collinite 845...? I do not know if it contains synthetic polymers or if it is just a pure liquid carnuba wax ..

Would topping it off with a pure carnuba liquid or pure carnuba paste wax be better to make the color pop..?

Thanks!! Honda Civic 10th gen new car has small scratch marks ALL OVER CAR IMG_2513.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen new car has small scratch marks ALL OVER CAR IMG_2514.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen new car has small scratch marks ALL OVER CAR IMG_2516.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen new car has small scratch marks ALL OVER CAR IMG_2517.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen new car has small scratch marks ALL OVER CAR IMG_2519.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen new car has small scratch marks ALL OVER CAR IMG_2521.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen new car has small scratch marks ALL OVER CAR IMG_2523.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen new car has small scratch marks ALL OVER CAR IMG_2513.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen new car has small scratch marks ALL OVER CAR IMG_2514.JPG

xcivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
I am worried that this will be the third time in three months a DA orbiter Will be put to the surface of my car ... Isn't that an issue?
The clear coat will obviously be wearing thinner but nothing to cause concern.
Generally around 5 mils of paint are on new cars.

Last edited:

kyle_agronick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sensing
Country flag
I'm wondering if this is normal because I have it as well. The scratches are extremely fine and look like concentric swirls all over the car.

xcivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
This is normal because dealerships don't care how delicately they clean your car.
They don't go into fine detail and use high pile microfiber cloths.
You need a detailer to even the clear coat.
Sponsored