New Car Guy

First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
Hey Guys/Gals, I am new to my 2019 Civic Sport Hatch and I absolutely love it!!

Just wanting some suggestions on what to do next with mods? It is a CVT, 1.5T, Black

What I have done:

Windows Tinted-Side Markers (Can't get the switchback to work)-K&N Filter-Waiting On New Emblems.

I know I NEED NEW Rims, but what else?

Look forward to what y'all have/think!
Sponsored

boggels

First Name
Bogdan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SI with 4 porte
Country flag
wheels make or break the car imo. however i am also a huge wheel whore and i swap out wheels faster then underwear at times. it all depends on what you settle for, depending on your budget i would suggest you buy an OG set of wheels. don't settle for reps or nock offs.

depending how you like your ride you have a lot of choices when it come to springs. my only suggestion to suspension is always "think drivability and longevity vs looks and stunting"

my 2cents.

Goko1020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Coupe (Touring-CVT 2020)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey Guys/Gals, I am new to my 2019 Civic Sport Hatch and I absolutely love it!!

Just wanting some suggestions on what to do next with mods? It is a CVT, 1.5T, Black

What I have done:

Windows Tinted-Side Markers (Can't get the switchback to work)-K&N Filter-Waiting On New Emblems.

I know I NEED NEW Rims, but what else?

Look forward to what y'all have/think!

First of all Congratulations :) I'm sure you will enjoy the hell out of the ride !

Some entry level Mods are definitely the K&N filter pare with the PRL stage 1 intake hose. And if you really want to squeeze every bit of power out of the engine, a K tuner will be the best investment down the road.

905Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Sensing, 2020 Kia Telluride SX
Country flag
Yeah, KTuner will make it a different car with respect HP and torque. With a CVT it's been shown to be safe and tunes are less aggressive for it, but it's always riskier than stock since you're increasing boost so that's something you have to be prepared to live with.

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Get a tuner, either ktuner or hondata are great.
lower spring makes the car look & feel more sporty
dp fp make more power
fmic make car healthier , turbo spool up faster.
Intake make the car wooish all day long... doesnt give you extra power but sounds good.

RIms like gramlight 57dr or 57cr are great and good price. Superspeed or fast are more economy choice but yet good quality and light.. If you have a deep pocket, go for Volk rays TE37 those line.. it cant go wrong both daily and track.

But, first thing I did myself is tint the window.. haha.. it looks great and functional

Last edited:

Oogalee

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback LX HFP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A tune, lighter wheels, and some lowering springs will wake this car up.

For tuners, both hondata and ktuner basemaps can provide 21psi on a 1.5t cvt safely (+6psi over stock 15psi). You can opt for ktuner v1.2 to save money.
For wheels, aim for something less than 28lbs (stock sport wheel weight). Enkei and Konig have a variety of affordable lightweight wheels.
For springs, a mild drop between 1-1.25" will increase handling without altering oem ride quality and reliability. You don't need fancy coilovers.

If you have extra cash to spend, I'd say performance tires would be a good addition.
You don't need aftermarket intakes or exhausts. They've been proven on dynos not to yield good performance per dollar.

OP
OP
CanadianCivicPilot
First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
First of all Congratulations :) I'm sure you will enjoy the hell out of the ride !

Some entry level Mods are definitely the K&N filter pare with the PRL stage 1 intake hose. And if you really want to squeeze every bit of power out of the engine, a K tuner will be the best investment down the road.
Hey! Thanks for the feedback! I did just order and installed the PRL Stage 1 but put in their filter provided. Have you used both PRL and K&N filters? What was better?

Thanks!!

Goko1020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Coupe (Touring-CVT 2020)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey! Thanks for the feedback! I did just order and installed the PRL Stage 1 but put in their filter provided. Have you used both PRL and K&N filters? What was better?

Thanks!!
Happy Friday :) , both the PRL and K&N Filter are good, I'm just using the K&N since i got that before i got the Intake hose . anything will be better then the OEM ones in terms of Performance !

OP
OP
CanadianCivicPilot
First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
I'd say both to an extent. I think after fully thinking about it, I want my baby to catch eyes. I want it a tad louder but not to any extent that is obnoxious.