Dario1101

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Do you know what's odd? I now have this really ugly creaking noise when I come off the brakes now after I just changed them. Kinda like how it sounds when your brakes are wet. Normally this is a quick thing but this can actually be drawn out and you can even brake in a nice sweet spot where all I can hear is that ugly noise. I realize this is probably my brake pad touching the rotor and not completely coming off the surface.

Should I do a brake fluid flush and see if that helps anything? I still haven't done that. My braking is still good, it's just an annoying noise now.
Sponsored

Dario1101

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks. Going to do the job now. Also going to change the brake fluid now since I didn't do that before either.
I changed the brake fluid and also put in those return springs on the front brake and it feels better. My brake pedal isn't as squishy and I did a test emergency brake at 35 mph and it was very good! I'm happy with my brakes ah!

fitter_here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2016 Sedan
Country flag
I changed the brake fluid and also put in those return springs on the front brake and it feels better. My brake pedal isn't as squishy and I did a test emergency brake at 35 mph and it was very good! I'm happy with my brakes ah!
Good
Surprising sometimes what a couple of springs can make...lol

fitter_here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2016 Sedan
Country flag
I replaced my REAR brake pads and rotors this morning, I went by Honda service manual, I removed the EPB actuator, it went very well. I did not disconnect the connector from the EPB actuator.

Honda Civic 10th gen New Brakes Needed Rear brake.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen New Brakes Needed rear Brake1.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen New Brakes Needed rear Brake2.JPG

Dario1101

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I replaced my REAR brake pads and rotors this morning, I went by Honda service manual, I removed the EPB actuator, it went very well. I did not disconnect the connector from the EPB actuator.

Rear brake.JPG

rear Brake1.JPG

rear Brake2.JPG
Aw we should have asked you to take some pictures on your job. Great to know you did that though!