samji

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 1996 Accord V6 EX-L
Country flag
Anyone care to summarize in English feel free ?
You can turn on the auto-translate function on youtube and it will more or less give you an idea of what they're talking about. Usually the translations are pretty bad, but this one doesn't seem to be too off, you get the gist of it.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Anyone care to summarize in English feel free ?
I used the auto translator while watching it. This is kind of what I got out of it. The Spoon looked the best in terms of how the drivers were handling the car. This translated over to what the drivers were saying (though I should note auto translate could be weird at times); I get the impression the drivers felt it was the most dialed in of the 3. All 3 drivers, if I'm not mistaken (maybe it was only 2), commented on the front plate aiding in making the car handle beautifully. The J's seemed very understeer-prone and a lot harder to handle. It also had 295-width tires on it too which is the highest I've seen for the FK8 platform (some retrofitting needed to be done to get it all to fit from what I gathered. It also had the best time of the 3 cars. Cusco seemed to be a track set up which created a very rough and bouncy ride for the course it was on. Seemed as difficult to control as the J's but with oversteer instead of understeer; it was the slowest of the 3. At one point they tried to lower the tire pressure of the front wheels to help the bounciness and aid the rear in keeping grounded.

One thing to note is that the commentary stated that the Spoon and Cusco cars were on tunes closer to stock only producing 320ps (316 HP). I assume the J's was tuned and producing more power. Best times and subjective scores of the drivers were as follows:
  • Spoon: 25.713, 99 | 99 | 100
  • J's: 25.688, 99 | 99 | 98
  • Cusco: 26.281, 98 | 98 | 97

Last edited:

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Also, apparently the times set by the Spoon and J's FK8s were faster than an R35 GTR. That one was pretty cool.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Also, apparently the times set by the Spoon and J's FK8s were faster than an R35 GTR. That one was pretty cool.
I thought it was only a section of the course. Though that’s what the auto translator said. ?

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
Pretty cool vid. Thanks for the youtube directions.

BTW what's up with one driver "racking" the other driver? I thought that juvenile crap quit when one became 14 years old! Must be different in other cultures. They all though it was funny even the trophy girl.

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
This is probably an older battle. Those cars have changed a lot since then. Also no masks which makes me guess pre covid

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
Pretty cool vid. Thanks for the youtube directions.

BTW what's up with one driver "racking" the other driver? I thought that juvenile crap quit when one became 14 years old! Must be different in other cultures. They all though it was funny even the trophy girl.
That's DK (dori dori). DK can be a bit of a bully from time to time. I actually find him quite annoying when he's not driving, but he's the 'star' of the show and he needs the attention, so often he'll act like an asshat... towards the women too. Oh, and with him being the star, they have to laugh at what he does and says and let it slide.

Max is a good guy though, same with Nob.

Shred

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is probably an older battle. Those cars have changed a lot since then. Also no masks which makes me guess pre covid
Almost everything on their YT is older from what I've seen. Might be some broadcast restriction limiting when they can upload their vids.

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
Sounds like DK needs to grow up some and get over himself...IMHO.
That's DK (dori dori). DK can be a bit of a bully from time to time. I actually find him quite annoying when he's not driving, but he's the 'star' of the show and he needs the attention, so often he'll act like an asshat... towards the women too. Oh, and with him being the star, they have to laugh at what he does and says and let it slide.

Max is a good guy though, same with Nob.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Wasn’t the girl wearing a mask still? Or am I remembering it wrong? Keep in mind this is also in Japan, they dealt with the virus far better than other areas of the world so they may not need masks as strongly as some other countries do right now.

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Wasn’t the girl wearing a mask still? Or am I remembering it wrong? Keep in mind this is also in Japan, they dealt with the virus far better than other areas of the world so they may not need masks as strongly as some other countries do right now.
Well the spoon car doesn’t have their spoon wing or other mods seen in other videos which makes me think this is an old video.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Well the spoon car doesn’t have their spoon wing or other mods seen in other videos which makes me think this is an old video.
That is true. The drivers raving about the lower brace plate as if it were new is also kind of suspect too I guess (that part has been available for a while now).
Sponsored