jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
Imagine paying installation for a battery when it's easy to swap out LOL. But honestly all Honda batteries do last 2-3 years (p/n 31500-TBA-H650, $152+gst for Civics incl CTR excl Clarity, Insight, Hybrid)
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I just tuned my car for the first time. Battery drained enough while in accessory mode flashing the tune that it wouldn't crank after the flash. Had to jump start it. Couple days later, I switched from a base Ktuner tune to TSP Stage 1 and same thing, needed a jump. Guess I'm going battery shopping soon.
Use a battery tender while flashing a tune because reprogramming the ECU is battery intensive.

Last edited:

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Use a battery tender while flashing a tune because reprogramming the ECU is battery intensive.
Happened to me on the Honda battery and was tied back to a partially failed core. The battery (Honda or aftermarket) "should" be good up to 6 hours running in acc (about 1/4 of that in ready).

I have a portable jump starter that I got for $40. Worth its weight in gold.

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The last two times I have gone to start my car. Nothing. Completely dead. And this is my second battery. 36k miles. Something is drawing power or I don’t even know. I’m inclined to say it is something with these cars rather than the batteries. Or maybe in addition to the weak batteries. My current battery is the Costco Interstate battery mentioned elsewhere in the thread btw.

Last edited:

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My OEM battery on US 19 si lasted 22 months/30k miles.

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Country flag
I just replaced my battery at 35K but this car has lived through a summer in Florida and 2 summers here in Vegas. Heat just ruins batteries.

2019SIRallye

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SI Sedan
Country flag
Mine was dead after about an hour in acc. It also seems to die after a week of just sitting.

jlamb30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan • 03 Kawi ZX-6R 636
Country flag
I've had my car for 3 1/2 months, and since we just started getting some mornings in the 30's, it seems to turn over more slowly and take longer for the car to start, already.

I've never seen a battery show weakness this early.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I've had my car for 3 1/2 months, and since we just started getting some mornings in the 30's, it seems to turn over more slowly and take longer for the car to start, already.
I've never seen a battery show weakness this early.
Not normal. Take it in & have the dealer check it. Honda battery is 3 year warranty with free replacement if defective. Check should also be free even if the battery is good.

Charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My battery just DIED went bad at 2900 mi (20 months old). Honda replaced it under warranty and tried to upsell me on "battery maintenance" as the old battery leaked acid on my cables (I had to pull of my strut bar before taking it in so I know there was no acid leak) - Stealerships

BTW the best car battery hands down is sold at AutoZone: Optima
Got a D51r-T1. Just needed thicker shims. Works fantastically!

2019SIRallye

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SI Sedan
Country flag
Mines toast :(
It was on the charger all night and won't turn over. Dealership wants the whole car :rolleyes:

pwschuh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX 6-speed
Country flag
My battery lasted from Dec 2015 until today - 55,000 miles. I guess I did a little better than average. But my Civic is in a heated garage overnight, so that may have helped extend its life a little.
Sponsored