New Aegean blue SI sedan looking for new shoes.

Epichobby

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI sedan
Hey all, new to the forums here. This is my second Honda, first being a 2013 Fit Sport. I Just passed 1,000 miles and I'm itching for a set of wheels. My question being : Is there a market for the stock Honda SI wheels? As I'll be getting a winter set of wheels/tires i don't think I'll need the stock ones. Just curious. I'm in Michigan. Also, i got the car for $23,576 vehicle price.

Honda Civic 10th gen New Aegean blue SI sedan looking for new shoes. 20180126_185013
Sponsored

spiff72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Prius
Country flag
Hey all, new to the forums here. This is my second Honda, first being a 2013 Fit Sport. I Just passed 1,000 miles and I'm itching for a set of wheels. My question being : Is there a market for the stock Honda SI wheels? As I'll be getting a winter set of wheels/tires i don't think I'll need the stock ones. Just curious. I'm in Michigan. Also, i got the car for $23,576 vehicle price.

20180126_185013.jpg
If you are getting winter wheels and tires anyway, wouldn't it make sense to keep the stock wheels as your winters? Or are you getting steelies for the winter?

There have been a fair number of wheel thefts reported on the current gen Civics and Accords on these (and other) forums, so there "may" be some demand for them. ;)

OP
OP

Epichobby

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI sedan
I Will be getting some reduced sized wheels to give me some much needed pothole protection for this time of year next year. Probably 15's, with winter tires.

spiff72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Prius
Country flag
I Will be getting some reduced sized wheels to give me some much needed pothole protection for this time of year next year. Probably 15's, with winter tires.
Gotcha. I should have assumed that, being in Michigan myself!

4drsiblue

First Name
Itz_knt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si
I’m sure 15” won’t clear the front brakes. I say 17 would do just fine

Reuuk

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, '83 Datsun 280ZX
I actually got some MT4 Cesta wheels for my winter tires as they were $10 more than steel wheels at the time. I actually really ended up how they looked on the car and am thinking of picking up another set to replace the stock wheels.

spiff72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Prius
Country flag
I actually got some MT4 Cesta wheels for my winter tires as they were $10 more than steel wheels at the time. I actually really ended up how they looked on the car and am thinking of picking up another set to replace the stock wheels.
You must have gotten a deal, the steelies from tire Rack are about half the price of those Cestas right now!
Sponsored