First Name
Nazeem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Country flag
  • Banned
Damn, the new type s has been getting smacked from all its competitors, even a Genesis g70, shouldn't be too surprising though considering the accord 2.0t is faster than the tlx aspec, but I was expecting the type s to perform better at least beat a stinger or the g70 but the fact that those cars destroyed it, it shouldn't even go up against an M340i or a c43,
Sponsored

Dubers

First Name
Stevie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si, 2017 Civic Touring, 2010 Civic EX-L Coupe 5sp
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Damn, the new type s has been getting smacked from all its competitors, even a Genesis g70, shouldn't be too surprising though considering the accord 2.0t is faster than the tlx aspec, but I was expecting the type s to perform better at least beat a stinger or the g70 but the fact that those cars destroyed it, it shouldn't even go up against an M340i or a c43,
Are you sure? I'm seeing a 4.5s 0-60 which is the same as the G70 and 0.2s faster than the stinger.

Deleted member 51112

Are you sure? I'm seeing a 4.5s 0-60 which is the same as the G70 and 0.2s faster than the stinger.
Posted manufacturer numbers are a joke...just go to YouTube and do a head to head search (I've seen several from several great channels) and you'll see its not even a race...the G70 and Stinger GT spanks it for far less MSRP.

OP
OP

Nazeem

Banned
Banned
First Name
Nazeem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Country flag
  • Banned
you can even sew the guy driving the Genesis was disappointed

OP
OP

Nazeem

Banned
Banned
First Name
Nazeem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Country flag
  • Banned
Posted manufacturer numbers are a joke...just go to YouTube and do a head to head search (I've seen several from several great channels) and you'll see its not even a race...the G70 and Stinger GT spanks it for far less MSRP.
Dude just a tuned accord 2.0t is spanking it I bet that tuned 1.5 cvt they had can probably give it a fight ....what a disappointment, the only thing that acura has is looks

Deleted member 51112

Dude just a tuned accord 2.0t is spanking it I bet that tuned 1.5 cvt they had can probably give it a fight ....what a disappointment, the only thing that acura has is looks
I agree with you, I do like the way they look, but for mid 50's MSRP you'd think they'd make it quicker. I've yet to see one run a sub 5 second 60 even though Acura is claiming mid 4's. that said, that's also an oddity because everyone knows Honda always under rates power and over delivers, so someone up high somewhere obviously dropped the ball on this one. It's a sad day when a Stinger for 10k less smokes it and has a longer warranty, nicer paint and as nice of an interior.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
if all you want is straight line speed, the only option is the m340i. that car will out run everything in its class.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
Haven’t you figured out yet that Honda doesn’t care about straight line acceleration?

Type S is not an indication that it is a track car or drag strip car. It’s a luxury sedan with AWD.

I think they knocked the styling out of the park. The new TLX looks mean on the road. It’s not targeted at boy racers. It’s a well engineered luxury commuter for the people who appreciate driving dynamics over a couch on wheels.

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
It's not a good look to underperform on promised specs as a manufacturer.

Digity

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport-16 Pilot-90 K5 Blazer
Country flag
Haven’t you figured out yet that Honda doesn’t care about straight line acceleration?

Type S is not an indication that it is a track car or drag strip car. It’s a luxury sedan with AWD.

I think they knocked the styling out of the park. The new TLX looks mean on the road. It’s not targeted at boy racers. It’s a well engineered luxury commuter for the people who appreciate driving dynamics over a couch on wheels.
Exactly this!!

MaoFC3

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I was looking at the specs and it weighs over 4000 pounds wowzers

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
I drove the type s, one of the honda dealerships have one. I can't justify the ADM of 15-20k that Acura will charge though. Might as well get the M340i or wait for the next bmw/toyota collab LOL

Dubers

First Name
Stevie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si, 2017 Civic Touring, 2010 Civic EX-L Coupe 5sp
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I drove the type s, one of the honda dealerships have one. I can't justify the ADM of 15-20k that Acura will charge though. Might as well get the M340i or wait for the next bmw/toyota collab LOL
You live in Canada, there is no ADM.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just buy it used one year later after 30% depreciation (~$36.6k). Depreciation is atrocious on new Acuras.

If I’m spending over 50k, it’ll be on a Model 3 Performance that’s spanking the Porsche Taycan on the track.

Sponsored