New Acuity Shift Boot Collar Upgrade

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The base bushings were on back order, so waiting on those before I take the center stack completely apart. Did do a partial disassemble tonight to install the collar upgrade & the install guide was spot on. Never done this before, so wanted to give it a go. The collar def sits lower than the stock bolt; didn’t measure, but feels like at least 13mm (1/2”) lower. Perfect. Shifter cable bushings arrive tomorrow, so I’ll install these tomorrow night. Having done this on previous Honda’s, I’m looking forward to cleaning up the play in the gate changes.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Hellraisingvtec

CarStudio101
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI
Country flag
The base bushings were on back order, so waiting on those before I take the center stack completely apart. Did do a partial disassemble tonight to install the collar upgrade & the install guide was spot on. Never done this before, so wanted to give it a go. The collar def sits lower than the stock bolt; didn’t measure, but feels like at least 13mm (1/2”) lower. Perfect. Shifter cable bushings arrive tomorrow, so I’ll install these tomorrow night. Having done this on previous Honda’s, I’m looking forward to cleaning up the play in the gate changes.
You'll love the. It was a straight forward install. If you have any questions. Feel free to let me know.

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen New Acuity Shift Boot Collar Upgrade 54AE6912-4D03-46BA-96D9-A869CEE23575
Honda Civic 10th gen New Acuity Shift Boot Collar Upgrade 97DAA836-0CCB-4896-BC3F-52D4C6283D60
You'll love the. It was a straight forward install. If you have any questions. Feel free to let me know.
Help. The only install instructions are for a 10th gen Si & they don’t apply to the CTR (for the shift cable bushings). After removing the battery, the shift cable linkage is buried under a hose & not accessible. Do you have an install vid specific to the FK8? I’m not going to start removing & pulling out hoses. I appreciate any help you can provide.

OP
OP

Hellraisingvtec

CarStudio101
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI
Country flag
@J35W2 I have not worked on the FK8 but will be same when it comes to the bushings. Those are wiring harnesses, you will have no issues by moving it a bit out of the way. Would recommend to unscrew the bolt marked on the picture. That seems to be the bracket holding the harness in place. I would probably also try to see how much play you have on the bushing cables without removing the C-clips. Can you send a picture a bit further from the bushings?

When removing all things be careful not to drop them.(Try to use a magnet) Pretty sure you have a lower engine cover like on the SI and you don't want to have to remove it. (Its extremely easy to remove but pretty sure you don't want to do that right now)

Honda Civic 10th gen New Acuity Shift Boot Collar Upgrade FK8

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@J35W2 I have not worked on the FK8 but will be same when it comes to the bushings. Those are wiring harnesses, you will have no issues by moving it a bit out of the way. Would recommend to unscrew the bolt marked on the picture. That seems to be the bracket holding the harness in place. I would probably also try to see how much play you have on the bushing cables without removing the C-clips. Can you send a picture a bit further from the bushings?

When removing all things be careful not to drop them.(Try to use a magnet) Pretty sure you have a lower engine cover like on the SI and you don't want to have to remove it. (Its extremely easy to remove but pretty sure you don't want to do that right now)

FK8.jpg
Thanks very much. That hose is rigid & bracketed at both ends, so it won’t budge more than a few mm. I was wondering if I can just go at them without removing the C clamps. Can’t even see the C clamp on the inside cable. I’m
Just afraid I’ll get to a point where I can go no further & cant go back. My dealer doesn’t do house calls. Ha! I’ll get back in there after the UNC game. Thanks again for your help!

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sent an email to Acuity & they responded almost immediately. Just got a .pdf from them with some directions. Going to have a look see and get back in there. Their customer service & response time is unparalleled.

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Very nice! Hellraisingvtec, is that a fastline performance shift knob?
Just FYI, install of the cable bushings is WAY more involved for the CTR. I have a .pdf of directions from Acuity. Just PM me if you need them & I can email. Probably a 2+ hour job. Entire air intake, intake tubes, wire harnesses, etc, etc, etc must come out after the battery. The .pdf directions are 20 pages, no joke. Yikes.

OP
OP

Hellraisingvtec

CarStudio101
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI
Country flag
Lol, I wouldn’t be intimidated by the number of pages. Acuity likes documenting things well for the users. The collar install pdf is 13 pages and it is extremely simple. Where are you located? I’m willing to help and record the install to help Other FK8 owners. Maybe get some practice for when I am able to get one:spaz:

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lol, I wouldn’t be intimidated by the number of pages. Acuity likes documenting things well for the users. The collar install pdf is 13 pages and it is extremely simple. Where are you located? I’m willing to help and record the install to help Other FK8 owners. Maybe get some practice for when I am able to get one:spaz:
Sorry for the slow reply on this. Did the install that next morning and it took about 2 hours. Not as bad as I thought and if I had to do it again, it could be done in an hour. It will also help if/when I put in the Mishi intake.

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Acuity shift collar does allow you to screw the knob lower on the lever. Cable b
Honda Civic 10th gen New Acuity Shift Boot Collar Upgrade 0869463C-718D-4E58-B727-8C365F49E419
ushings tighten up the shifts a bit & think the centering ring & base bushings will get it just right.

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@J35W2 if you need any help beyond the pdf, please pm me. I've done it a few times.
I actually found all your write ups on the Acuity stuff after I installed them. Doh!
Sponsored