NEW AC CONDENSER LEAKING TSB 19-091

OldSkool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
This month, it finally got hot enough to turn on the AC (live near Toronto). Of course, nothing but hot air. (Car had been in the garage off-insurance for a year, so I missed a summer)

When I looked it up, at least the 2019 model used the same part as those in the TSB. I wondered why 2019 was omitted from the TSB itself, and I wonder if it is because it's still covered under vehicle warranty?

I checked my vin on Honda Canada's site and it doesn't show that TSB 19-091 applies (2019 touring sedan cvt 1.5t).

When I called a service center l, they said it would fall under the tsb, "*if* the applicable part(s) failed". Turned out to be the case, so they waived the work to inspect the issue. If course the part is on backorder (officially, unknown ETA) sk I have to go back at some point (they estimated 2-3 weeks). Sigh. At least it is covered.

I don't know whether the 2020 uses the same compressor part, but that should be pretty easy to Google. (As mentioned earlier in this thread, part is 80100-TBC-A01).
I'd call up a service center and confirm whether it would be covered under vehicle warranty or the TSB.

Edit: got my replacement done two days ago (June 16th)!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
This month, it finally got hot enough to turn on the AC (live near Toronto). Of course, nothing but hot air. (Car had been in the garage off-insurance for a year, so I missed a summer)

When I looked it up, at least the 2019 model used the same part as those in the TSB. I wondered why 2019 was omitted from the TSB itself, and I wonder if it is because it's still covered under vehicle warranty?

I checked my vin on Honda Canada's site and it doesn't show that TSB 19-091 applies (2019 touring sedan cvt 1.5t).

When I called a service center l, they said it would fall under the tsb, "*if* the applicable part(s) failed". Turned out to be the case, so they waived the work to inspect the issue. If course the part is on backorder (officially, unknown ETA) sk I have to go back at some point (they estimated 2-3 weeks). Sigh. At least it is covered.

I don't know whether the 2020 uses the same compressor part, but that should be pretty easy to Google. (As mentioned earlier in this thread, part is 80100-TBC-A01).
I'd call up a service center and confirm whether it would be covered under vehicle warranty or the TSB.

Edit: got my replacement done two days ago (June 16th)!
You got your replacement done for the Condenser or compressor?

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
You got your replacement done for the Condenser or compressor?
Guessing condenser. The compressor isn't covered under Honda's extended warranty. If your compressor fails, you'll be lucky if your Advisor will claim it under the extended warranty, comp, or even Goodwill

*if* the applicable part(s) failed". Turned out to be the case, so they waived the work to inspect the issue. If course the part is on backorder (officially, unknown ETA) sk I have to go back at some point (they estimated 2-3 weeks). Sigh. At least it is covered.
Yeah the Canadian condenser is experiencing a slight delay. No known ETA but expect 2-4 weeks if the Parts advisor creates an expedite request

ShuJam

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah the Canadian condenser is experiencing a slight delay. No known ETA but expect 2-4 weeks if the Parts advisor creates an expedite request
I got my condenser replaced yesterday at a Toronto dealership. Took it in in the morning, and diagnosed and replaced 2 hours later. Maybe I was just lucky that they happened to have the parts in stock...or they're gearing up for all the Civics expected to come in with leaking condensers, now that it's summer.

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I am getting mine done for a second time. First was done in April of 2018. This second time will be free too.
Did the first time replace the condenser with the same defective Part Number? Asking because the condenser is been replace for a modified so its different part number

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2017 Civic EX Sedan Honda Sensing
Country flag
Did the first time replace the condenser with the same defective Part Number? Asking because the condenser is been replace for a modified so its different part number
You are correct. I dug up the paperwork and it was a first run condenser that was installed. I would bet that they simply were burning through them in an attempt to maybe get the few A01 part versions that were actually good?

Regardless, at least it is no cost to me :) And it is now almost a full 4 years into ownership so it "should" mean that the AC will be good in this respect for a lengthy period of time now.

mjdecker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Si Sedan, '23 Subaru BRZ Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Went in yesterday expecting only an inspection. Looks like they had the part in stock and repaired it while it was in.

Condenser Part # 80100-TBC-A02

Just in time for the next few days to be in the hot & muggy 90s.

TheComebackKid

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MSM Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am getting my condenser replaced for a second time also (as well as the discharge hose that goes from the condenser to the compressor this time around), first time was in June 2020. This time with part #80100-TBC-A02. I am in Montreal and there was no stock and the advisor had to order it and said it would take 2-3 weeks.

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Lets be Updating the progress on the New Modified Condensers How well they are going to keep up or if we get any other factory faulty equipment for the A/C
Im glad you guys are getting your cindenser replace

Deleted member 51112

Anyone know if this is an issue on the 2020 1.5t? Can't seem to find that level of specifics online...thanks in advance to anyone who knows for sure.

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2017 Civic EX Sedan Honda Sensing
Country flag
Anyone know if this is an issue on the 2020 1.5t? Can't seem to find that level of specifics online...thanks in advance to anyone who knows for sure.
The initial manufacture part is different from the one on the affected Civics. 80100-TBC-A01. The affected civics so far, have had TBA and not TBC but that could also be turbo vs. NA engine.

Someone with a turbo will have to speak to this.

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
I sent a copy of the RO, proof of payment from bank account. They just approved the reimbursement (took about 3 weeks) and said a check for the entire cost will be mailed within 2 weeks.

Edit: '16 Touring (1.5L turbo)

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
And my dealership was saying Honda technically do not manufacture the condenser, multiple manufacturers do.
Sponsored