Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not a fan, front bumper looks like the rdx a spec.. and the rear well that's just plain hideous, looks hybrid lol..
Sponsored

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I like the front, hate the rear. These are based off the spy shots obviously... But everything is a rumor still though.

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
I like the front, hate the rear. These are based off the spy shots obviously... But everything is a rumor still though.
Agree with this. Rear looks really bad.

EdG

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Who knows if this is true. If so it very likely is a hybrid. EU has fleet standards of almost 60 mpg by 2025. Gasoline only would not be able to be sold in EU in just a few years after release. Hard to imagine they would not want to be in that market.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Current rumor is that it is a hybrid AWD system. So electric motor(s) driving the rear wheels, and gasoline driving the front. As much as I'd hate to have spent all that time and money upgrading my 19, if it isn't hideous, I might have to upgrade for a hybrid AWD system.

EdG

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Current rumor is that it is a hybrid AWD system. So electric motor(s) driving the rear wheels, and gasoline driving the front. As much as I'd hate to have spent all that time and money upgrading my 19, if it isn't hideous, I might have to upgrade for a hybrid AWD system.
That layout makes the most sense in my opinion. Just add electric motor to rear...and A LOT of weight with the batteries. Will accelerate much better. We will have to see how it handles curves if true.

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
That layout makes the most sense in my opinion. Just add electric motor to rear...and A LOT of weight with the batteries. Will accelerate much better. We will have to see how it handles curves if true.
If this were true expect a huge price jump.

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Love it! 400 HP, AWD, no more gigantic hideous fake vents, no more horrible looking wing, this thing looks like a real sports car, plus it’s a Honda! Definitely getting one.

Ouhei

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
I'm probably in the minority, but I hope the next CTR is a hybrid, don't care about AWD, but a hybrid with HP at or a bit higher than now with hopefully better MPG? Sign me up. I doubt it will look like that, or come out in 2022 though. It'll probably be like the current CTR where we got the new Civic a year before the R variant, so new Civic in 2022 and new R in 2023?

Hybrid/Electric is the future, fight it all you want, but it's coming and personally I'd rather see Honda lean into it.

m3cosmos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE
Country flag
I was debating about upgrading my 20 for a 21 Limited and 2022 now more NSX like? Would like to have both but not realistic.

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hmm not too sure tbh, the front looks modern while the back looks a step back in time. But honestly it doesn't look bad, probably will look a lot different later but I feel like it'll grow on me just like the 10th gens did

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Honestly, no, but I think it's going to be a fantastic car.

I've had a 2008 STi, a 2005 WRX, a 2014 EVO - I LOVE AWD. But the FWD Type R just feels very light and a bit frantic at the limit. It's such a fun feeling.

I'd love one of these, but as a second / different flavor to the one I have presently. Would I want it as the primary car? Don't know for sure, would have to drive it, but I think that lightness taken through corners and that ability to kick things around a bit would be lost.

Not a bad thing, just a different thing.

Enjoying the hell out of my 19 and just glad more cool cars are coming out. Kudos to Honda for bringing the pain right out of the gates to the Subaru STi that is supposed to debut in 2022 lol!

2022 Horsepower wars - man that sounds good to write.

The more fun cars the better imo!
From all the reviews I read - The Type R is the least fun to drive because it's so numb and just too focused where the Ford Focus is more frantic and the "funner" car to drive, that car is AWD :eek:
Sponsored