First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
Hey guys,

I picked up my 2021 Civic Sport Hatchback a couple weeks ago and have been loving it. (I upgraded from a 2016 LX Sedan.) I'm sure each of my questions have been asked a million times on these forums but I just wanted to see if anything has changed with the new 2021 Models or if anyone has some specific advice for my situation.

I already know I want to mod the car to make it look and feel better than it did from the get go. (Even though it's pretty nice already.)

Some Ideas I had:

I want to lower the car, but don't know what to go with. Springs? Coilovers? I have been looking at the Tein Z Flex, but are they a little overkill if I don't plan on tracking the car?

I already got a PRL Cobra Cold Air Intake, but I want an exhaust to pair with it. I've been looking at the Greddy DD-R Supreme but have heard a few people say it's too loud for their taste and has some pretty nasty drone. Is this true? I don't want something overly loud and aggressive, I want to daily the car and drive a good bit for work.

Underglow? I'm leaning towards yes, any recommendations on a good kit?

And lastly, KTuner? I know if I go with a tune KTuner is the one I want, but should I break the car in more? It's only at ~1.5k miles right now, I'm only going to be running base maps, nothing too serious or harsh on the engine. Also, would a dealer be able to tell if I had it tuned for any warranty issues? (Can I revert back to the base tune so they can't?)

Any suggestions or help is very much appreciated!

Honda Civic 10th gen New 2021 Sport Hatchback - Modding Advice 20210321_152723[1]
Honda Civic 10th gen New 2021 Sport Hatchback - Modding Advice 20210321_152731[1]

OP
OP
Pe0plez

Pe0plez

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I got the same car and lowered it with D2 springs.

and im still on the market as well for exhaust.
How is the ride with the D2s? I want something smooth still. I usually put about 1400 miles a month on my car. Should go down a little bit with a promotion I just got though.

rmelo

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback 2021
Country flag
How is the ride with the D2s? I want something smooth still. I usually put about 1400 miles a month on my car. Should go down a little bit with a promotion I just got though.
Its really good , better than stock. I usually drive 10-30 miles a day. You can check out my IG to see how it looks its melofk7.

jXian

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Also, would a dealer be able to tell if I had it tuned for any warranty issues? (Can I revert back to the base tune so they can't?)
You can revert back to the stock tune when you bring it in, and they will still be able to tell you've flashed the ECU.

Unless they have a reason to go check, you'll probably be fine. Hell, my dealer recommended a tune when I bought the car.

OP
OP
Pe0plez

Pe0plez

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Its really good , better than stock. I usually drive 10-30 miles a day. You can check out my IG to see how it looks its melofk7.
Looks nice man, those side markers are pretty sick too. I just got smoked ones but I might have to pick these up now.

OP
OP
Pe0plez

Pe0plez

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You can revert back to the stock tune when you bring it in, and they will still be able to tell you've flashed the ECU.

Unless they have a reason to go check, you'll probably be fine. Hell, my dealer recommended a tune when I bought the car.
Thanks for the advice!

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
For underglow, I recommend a 6 pc kit. Ktuners are great, lots of improvement for the cost. I have the 27Won exhaust and love it.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Congrats on the new ride!!! My advice for your exhaust - and I know everyone who has done this will 100% agree with me - is to save some money and just do a simple resonator delete. Perfection.

OP
OP
Pe0plez

Pe0plez

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Congrats on the new ride!!! My advice for your exhaust - and I know everyone who has done this will 100% agree with me - is to save some money and just do a simple resonator delete. Perfection.
Would you happen to have any sound clips on hand? The only ones I can find are from Si Sedans, not sure if they sound the same.

OP
OP
Pe0plez

Pe0plez

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
For underglow, I recommend a 6 pc kit. Ktuners are great, lots of improvement for the cost. I have the 27Won exhaust and love it.
Thanks man! The only issue I have with the KTuner is I don't want to push the engine too hard too early. I'm afraid that there might be an issue or two that's covered under warranty that I haven't been able to detect yet. (I know probably unwarranted paranoia.)

ilipac

@blueFK7
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I came from an EX hatchback.

Ktuner yes, I've been tuned since 25 miles lol - drive it like a turbo car (i.e. don't get lug the engine and watch your boost and torque down low) I had my EX hatch tuned for 3 years and it had zero issues. Just keep up with oil changes if you get on it often. I'm slow around town
Exhaust - currently I have a 2.5" straight pipe, but i have a skunk2 muffler getting weleded on tomorrow morning
I'm lowered on TRUhart Springs - ride is better than my eibach sportlines (the OEM struts are overengineered, I know so several people on D2s for over 3 years and no issues).

bigthess

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Noob question, is that something you can do yourself or does it need to be taken somewhere to do that?
Sponsored