tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Wow thanks for sharing. I was planning on doing to 2020 radiator... So there’s not much difference?
It probably is better overall, just not enough for the tracks up here in the states during hot weather. But you should probably be asking @Lust and the others that track their cars.
Sponsored

Ben934

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR, A6, ST
Country flag
Hi

does a large intercooler influence the better cooling of the lower radiator area?

Has anyone made reliable measurements of water repairs without and with modifications?

Ben

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Hi

does a large intercooler influence the better cooling of the lower radiator area?

Has anyone made reliable measurements of water repairs without and with modifications?

Ben
I'd actually expect it to be worse since the intercooler's job is to take heat away from the stuff that's traveling through it. So it would actually radiate hot air not cold.

Ben934

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR, A6, ST
Country flag
yes, but I think that the larger intercooler lets more air through. There was a major cooling problem on the FK2, and the intercooler also provided an overall better heat balance. That's how I remember it

xdecemberguy

First Name
Randrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Do you have to completely remove the front bumper to install or just pop a few pop connectors from the front to remove and install?

In my 2013 honda civic si I replaced the front grill and didn't have to remove the entire front bumper..just a few pop connections.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you have to completely remove the front bumper to install or just pop a few pop connectors from the front to remove and install?

In my 2013 honda civic si I replaced the front grill and didn't have to remove the entire front bumper..just a few pop connections.
This is the best video for bumper removal:

adizon

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
@TacticalToolbox , looking forward to your video on the 2020 Grill. Been enjoying your informative videos, and it's a plus having clean production value.

xdecemberguy

First Name
Randrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
This is the best video for bumper removal:

I appreciate the video but it still didn't answer my question. Can I replace the front grill from inside the motor bay, or do I have to completely take off the whole front bumper to install. Thanks.

forrestbb

First Name
Forrest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RR CTR, Civic SI-2008 sedan
Country flag
Awesome great! Not a real fan of the new body colored inserts on the new vents. When I pick up a 2020, first thing I want to do is switch out the vents. Too bad about the rear ones, they are even uglier than the fronts and the rears need changing if anything imo lol. Any chance the rear vent just looks deeper yet the mounting points on the bumper are the same? I guess the only way to tell is if the part numbers for all year rear bumpers are the same or not. Worst case, I guess I could get black colored inserts (standard on crystal black pearl cars) on the rallye red car so the vents look blacked out from a distance.
If you don't want your vent panels(2020), I'll trade you. assuming they fit. I'm in process of replacing my bumper and am getting conflicting feedback whether the whole bumper or just the grill will fit either bumper between years. I left a message with a local Honda parts dept to get back with me on this very issue.

Months ago, I thought I could swap bumpers, but today a collision ctr for local Honda(Fremont CA Autonation) found out from his mgr that that they are not compatible. he said the 2020 bumper won't fit on my '18. So he's going to confirm if the grill at least fits.

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
If you don't want your vent panels(2020), I'll trade you. assuming they fit. I'm in process of replacing my bumper and am getting conflicting feedback whether the whole bumper or just the grill will fit either bumper between years. I left a message with a local Honda parts dept to get back with me on this very issue.

Months ago, I thought I could swap bumpers, but today a collision ctr for local Honda(Fremont CA Autonation) found out from his mgr that that they are not compatible. he said the 2020 bumper won't fit on my '18. So he's going to confirm if the grill at least fits.
I have yet to pick up the car yet. However, unfortunately your pre-2020 front driver vent won't work on my car since the 2020s have radar. I will have to pick up a pre-2020 from Europe. Also, thinking of keeping the original vents in case I sell the car in the future.

Chrisp1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Type R, 12' Mustang, 05' STI
Country flag
What I don’t like is that they got rid of the vent that the 17-19 had to flow sir directly into the intake. It may not be necessary but I don’t prefer the looks either of the 20 either.

forrestbb

First Name
Forrest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RR CTR, Civic SI-2008 sedan
Country flag
I have yet to pick up the car yet. However, unfortunately your pre-2020 front driver vent won't work on my car since the 2020s have radar. I will have to pick up a pre-2020 from Europe. Also, thinking of keeping the original vents in case I sell the car in the future.
NO problem, I understand.

Wheats027

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R - Championship White
Country flag
Anybody know of a vendor that has any 2020 grilles in stock?
Sponsored