New 2020 CTR owner

JamesinSoCal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hello all - new owner, first time Honda buyer. My automotive history has been littered with amazing European cars - only recently I started trying Japanese performance cars and I am absolutely loving the experience. My 2020 CTR (black) replaces a 2018 STI and is, in my opinion, a better car in every way unless AWD is a neccessity. I am in SoCal, and this is not an issue. The CTR feels special everytime and makes me look for excuses to drive without a destination. Looking forward to learning more about the platform and seeing your awesome builds.

A question, I have a discernible blow off sound when shifting on boost but not seeing anyone else talking about the same, and seeing threads on intakes to get this sound. Do I have a boost leak or is this normal?

As for mods, first up for me is exhaust, curious to see how other MY2020 owners address the active sound - which I find it difficult to believe doesn't have an off switch. Considering Remus, Milltek and AWE but online sound clips are rather useless as they are as loud as your volume knob dictates. Looking for the least obtrusive system void of drone/resonance - appreciate your expertise! thank you, see ya' soon!
Sponsored

Last edited:

bushido69

First Name
Hiro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Type R, 2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT, 2002 Lexus ES300
Country flag
Welcome to the FK8 family in So Cal.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'd start with a catted downpipe as far as exhaust goes.

To get more intake noise a drop it filter will help some, if going for a true intake I'd go for the PRL HVI.

Venator

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR
Country flag
The active sound is a plug above the glove box same as an Si. First thing I did was unplug it! Not a huge fan of the vid but it got me through. Disable active sound
Sponsored