leaat23

First Name
Lea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 10 1.5l Vtec Turbo
Country flag
So, after my lovely 2017 Civic Sport plus was written off by a numpty jumping a red light a few weeks ago I have had the pleasure of picking up an ex demo (1600 miles on the clock) Civic 1.5t CVT Prestige, and the car is fantastic to drive but the wipers are driving me nuts, on AUTO they are permanently on intermittent and they don't go off until I switch them off at the stork, the 2017 Civic the AUTO wipers worked great with the odd crazy moment. I've got to return the car to the dealer for a few upgrade (spoiler and personal number plate) so will report this 'fault' to them.

Anyone else experienced this??
Sponsored

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
So, after my lovely 2017 Civic Sport plus was written off by a numpty jumping a red light a few weeks ago I have had the pleasure of picking up an ex demo (1600 miles on the clock) Civic 1.5t CVT Prestige, and the car is fantastic to drive but the wipers are driving me nuts, on AUTO they are permanently on intermittent and they don't go off until I switch them off at the stork, the 2017 Civic the AUTO wipers worked great with the odd crazy moment. I've got to return the car to the dealer for a few upgrade (spoiler and personal number plate) so will report this 'fault' to them.

Anyone else experienced this??
What is this strange country you live in that has the words “prestige” and “plus” on their trim levels?

Also the civics in the US dont come with Auto wipers

I have heard of similar problems with other cars and it usually turns out to be a problem with the stock, and replacing it with a new stock seems to solve the problem. I put fog lights on my LX sedan I had about a year ago and replaced the left stock with one that had the fog light switch. It was a very simple task.

OP
OP

leaat23

First Name
Lea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 10 1.5l Vtec Turbo
Country flag
I'm in the UK hopefully that explains the different trim levels, the Prestige is the top of the range Civic over here.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Actually, @SDAlexander8, I believe the U.S. Touring models do have "auto" rain-sensing wipers.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
A lot of the features on our cars work like shit lol
I’ve not had a problem with any of the features in the 16 base model I owned or the Si I just bought. Other than the Infotainment crashing on me a couple times... I haven't had anything completely break on me yet. The touring has more features to break though.

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I’ve not had a problem with any of the features in the 16 base model I owned or the Si I just bought. Other than the Infotainment crashing on me a couple times... I haven't had anything completely break on me yet. The touring has more features to break though.
Wipers suck, left center vent won't stay down, radio is horrible, auto climate didn't work before (although i fixed it recently)

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
If you're speaking of the 'rain sensing' automatic feature; folks have reported issues when Rain-X and similar products have been applied to the windscreen.

ITGRAD

Love my Civic!!!
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring and 2015 Lexus CT200h
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you're speaking of the 'rain sensing' automatic feature; folks have reported issues when Rain-X and similar products have been applied to the windscreen.
I got a new sensor for the "AUTO" wipers and mine have been working flawlessly. Starts raining, I move the stalk to auto and set the frequency. Now I would rather have the intermittent wipers but it will do. Also I use rain-x and the "AUTO" wipers work fine.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wipers suck, left center vent won't stay down, radio is horrible, auto climate didn't work before (although i fixed it recently)
Didn't you have your engine replaced too?

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I got a new sensor for the "AUTO" wipers and mine have been working flawlessly. Starts raining, I move the stalk to auto and set the frequency. Now I would rather have the intermittent wipers but it will do. Also I use rain-x and the "AUTO" wipers work fine.
I'll never get them to replace the sensor lol

BoxsterSteve

still plays with cars...
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Porsche Boxster S, 2018 Civic Touring sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm in the UK hopefully that explains the different trim levels, the Prestige is the top of the range Civic over here.
Yours is the equivalent of the North American Touring trim which I have.
The rain sensing wipers take a bit of different thought in their use.
You don’t set the delay in a measure of time like traditional intermittent wipers.
The sensitivity is based on the amount of rain that accumulates on the windshield before the wipers clear the glass.
Most people complain that the system is too sensitive and clears the windshield too often, which makes sense if the wipers are being operated as a traditional intermittent system.
A relatively short 6-8 second pause in a traditional time delay is usually just about right.
That same short delay on a sensing system will wipe far too often.
I have mine set at the maximum delay possible (the least sensitivity) which allows the same accumulation as the typical 6-8 second setup allowing more water before the wipers operate.
Took me a while to make friends with it, but that works for me.
Sponsored

Last edited: