inc0gnito

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Best angle I could get with all the interiors. I also have the Civic lighting (door sill) that's not in the pic. Big thanks to CosmicTouring though for finding out about them and taking the plunge first in getting them installed.

Honda Civic 10th gen New 2019 Civic Accessories 20181219_121953
Sponsored

inc0gnito

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Any update on the rear USB ports?
If you have rear seat warmers, can't see this happening unless they include a new part that has both heat warmer controls and usb port. Current installation diagram has usb going where the controllers would be.

Dis4Damion

First Name
Damion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
If you have rear seat warmers, can't see this happening unless they include a new part that has both heat warmer controls and usb port. Current installation diagram has usb going where the controllers would be.
The USB ports would go below the seat warmers towards the bottom.

Dis4Damion

First Name
Damion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Best angle I could get with all the interiors. I also have the Civic lighting (door sill) that's not in the pic. Big thanks to CosmicTouring though for finding out about them and taking the plunge first in getting them installed.

20181219_121953.jpg
Maaaaan, I'm all over that interior!

Looks sooo nice!

Thanks for posting!

CT0760

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring, Blue
Country flag
I want to do this, but....I don't like having to stick with one color...if it could be modded to change colors like the underdash/seat leds then it would be awesome

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The USB ports would go below the seat warmers towards the bottom.
I have just checked out the instruction from College Hill, I think it is totally do-able as long as there is enough space to fit the USB ports module.
What they do to the Sedan console back cover is just drilling holes and cut out a big chunk from the cover, with the template provided, which means there's probably not even any markings on the back of that cover...
If we use the same template somewhere else (say underneath my seat warmer buttons), cut out the same shape, I'm sure the USB ports would still fit perfectly, though this way the ports will be closer to the floor.

The PDF can probably tell a better story than I do :)
https://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/08U57-TBA-100.html

Dis4Damion

First Name
Damion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have just checked out the instruction from College Hill, I think it is totally do-able as long as there is enough space to fit the USB ports module.
What they do to the Sedan console back cover is just drilling holes and cut out a big chunk from the cover, with the template provided, which means there's probably not even any markings on the back of that cover...
If we use the same template somewhere else (say underneath my seat warmer buttons), cut out the same shape, I'm sure the USB ports would still fit perfectly, though this way the ports will be closer to the floor.

The PDF can probably tell a better story than I do :)
https://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/08U57-TBA-100.html
I'm hear to tell you that I was wrong.

The USB ports will NOT work with the Touring trims because of the seat warmer switches, my dealership told me over the phone yesterday.

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm hear to tell you that I was wrong.

The USB ports will NOT work with the Touring trims because of the seat warmer switches, my dealership told me over the phone yesterday.
Yes, that's true from a dealership stand point, but for those who really wants to have that I think relocating the ports are feasible as I show in this picture:
Honda Civic 10th gen New 2019 Civic Accessories Screenshot_2018-12-20-10-13-37

After all it's "designed" for the 19 Sedans only, dealers have every reasons to say it's not going to work with Hatchbacks Coupes and Pre 19 Sedans,
But technically it's just running wire and cut a piece off so that the USB port module can be powered up and mounted, so it will technically work as long as you have a spot to use.

Not that I'm in to this project though, that module imo isn't that good looking, taking all that space to have a big cover, looks like the ports are not taking even half of the space inside the cover... And plus... I don't even have much passengers ride with me to use that :(

Dis4Damion

First Name
Damion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes, that's true from a dealership stand point, but for those who really wants to have that I think relocating the ports are feasible as I show in this picture:
Screenshot_2018-12-20-10-13-37.png

After all it's "designed" for the 19 Sedans only, dealers have every reasons to say it's not going to work with Hatchbacks Coupes and Pre 19 Sedans,
But technically it's just running wire and cut a piece off so that the USB port module can be powered up and mounted, so it will technically work as long as you have a spot to use.

Not that I'm in to this project though, that module imo isn't that good looking, taking all that space to have a big cover, looks like the ports are not taking even half of the space inside the cover... And plus... I don't even have much passengers ride with me to use that :(
It's a tad disappointing but I have a 6-foot USB cable in my center console for my rear passengers so it's not a huge deal. I'll just have to tell rear passengers to charge their phones before entering ;)

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's a tad disappointing but I have a 6-foot USB cable in my center console for my rear passengers so it's not a huge deal. I'll just have to tell rear passengers to charge their phones before entering ;)
Lol problem solved
I've indeed bought myself a "cigarette lighter kind" with 3 ports(or 4 maybe, can't remember that), total of 7.2 amp, so each has like 2.4 amp, but I plug my phone in for Android auto or leave it in my pocket most of the time, so I haven't even used those extra fast chargers:p

nolan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue 2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
They have a Homelink mirror and front seat covers now too.

They never really advertised the dimming mirror as an accessory per se for whatever reason, but it's there.
Do you have a part number for the homelink, and know if it would work in a '17 touring sedan?

Dis4Damion

First Name
Damion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Do you have a part number for the homelink, and know if it would work in a '17 touring sedan?
You would have to replace your rearview mirror (the buttons for homelink are now found on it) so it would be interesting to see if you can install it without interfering with the Honda Sensing unit.

nolan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue 2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
You would have to replace your rearview mirror (the buttons for homelink are now found on it) so it would be interesting to see if you can install it without interfering with the Honda Sensing unit.
Yeah. I'm going to call my dealer and see if that's an option. I'm pretty sure they just made a modification to the mirror and not the whole camera assembly. But I could be wrong. I'll let you know what I find.

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Up here they want $700 CAN for the interior lighting package. LOL
Sponsored