New 2017 Civic Si Coupe Render

Vtak Groceries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Civic Si HFP, 2017 Golf R
Hmmm the render looks a bit too edgy for me. A bit too much Acura in there. We will see how the production car looks.

warrendeath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R 'Hellbat'
Hmmm the render looks a bit too edgy for me. A bit too much Acura in there. We will see how the production car looks.

I do agree a few of the shoulder lines could be 'lessened' or removed completely.

Honestly, the wheels, stance and front/back are perfect. It NEEDS to sit this low and NEEDS to be either RWD or AWD. Honda can't come out, compete with a FWD car. If they are making us wait this long, they need to stick a RWD on this bad boy.

Shralper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Acura RSX Type S
Country flag
I do agree a few of the shoulder lines could be 'lessened' or removed completely.

Honestly, the wheels, stance and front/back are perfect. It NEEDS to sit this low and NEEDS to be either RWD or AWD. Honda can't come out, compete with a FWD car. If they are making us wait this long, they need to stick a RWD on this bad boy.
Agreed but not likely to happen.

As some have pointed out, you can buy a 2.0T 268hp AWD Suburu WRX for around the same price as the Civic 1.5T Touring model. Honda really needs to do better.

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6

I agree about fwd but never see them using rwd. Awd is a possibility but probably through acura for a hefty premium. Believe me I want to see some options when it comes to fwd awd. Especially with all the extra power those front wheels are gonna slip from a heavy punch on the gas.

warrendeath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree about fwd but never see them using rwd. Awd is a possibility but probably through acura for a hefty premium. Believe me I want to see some options when it comes to fwd awd. Especially with all the extra power those front wheels are gonna slip from a heavy punch on the gas.
Exactly. FWD is fine, but it isn't sporty. I won't slip into the CVT argument, and say it completely makes the car boring. RWD packs a punch, and the feeling of being pushed is more exhilarating. That being said, IF they do go for an AWD Si, I know the price is going to be easily 32k+.

Also, funny how this guy posted ONCE and then never posts again.

Shralper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Acura RSX Type S
Country flag
Exactly. FWD is fine, but it isn't sporty. I won't slip into the CVT argument, and say it completely makes the car boring. RWD packs a punch, and the feeling of being pushed is more exhilarating. That being said, IF they do go for an AWD Si, I know the price is going to be easily 32k+.

Also, funny how this guy posted ONCE and then never posts again.
Extremely unlikely the Si will ever be AWD given that not even the CTR is. But we can dream can't we?

warrendeath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Extremely unlikely the Si will ever be AWD given that not even the CTR is. But we can dream can't we?
I dream big.

I made my Fiancee a promise that if Honda did the Si right, I'd walk away from my BMW and get one.

Right would require the following:

-Manual (DCT perhaps, but I want manual)
-Turbo charged engine above 220hp and equivalent in torque (more than likely).
-Decent sound system (Don't put that cheap ass Accord sport sound system)
-AWD/RWD
-18s at least
-LED headlights

If Honda gets at least 4 of these, I'll more than likely give up my car for it. We'll see.

mvance30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 si
it completely can compete using FWD. All its competitors are FWD except the wrx
all the RWD cars that you might consider competitors are doing poorly. BRZ/FRS, Genesis coupes, miatas etc etc.

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
Dreamin is fun but getting tired of it. Ha. I know fwd is most likely Si 2017. But in the future all these cars are gonna have hybrid power trains. Which at first sound some people are like noooo. But electric power being instant will be very inviting during the Si refresh ha. Imo kinda like a mild nsx ha

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I don't see them making the Civic RWD any time, but I could see them building an AWD one at some point - even if it is executed as a Sport Hybrid like the NSX.

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
I dream big.
I made my Fiancee a promise that if Honda did the Si right, I'd walk away from my BMW and get one.
Right would require the following:
-Manual (DCT perhaps, but I want manual)
-Turbo charged engine above 220hp and equivalent in torque (more than likely).
-Decent sound system (Don't put that cheap ass Accord sport sound system)
-AWD/RWD
-18s at least
-LED headlights
If Honda gets at least 4 of these, I'll more than likely give up my car for it. We'll see.
Honda should have at least 4 of these with the Si model.

If the rumor mill is correct about the baby NSX and the next gen S2k, I expect you could have all of this.

Vtak Groceries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Civic Si HFP, 2017 Golf R
RWD civic will never happen.

AWD is unlikely.

FWD is what the si will be. Lots of competition for Honda to try the AWD market. Subaru sti and focus rs will own that. Honda will have to try to wiggle it's way into the market by offering a car that might be slightly cheaper than the sti but only FWD. (I know the current type r is same price as the RS in europe)

staylurkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI Coupe, 14' Accord Coupe v6 (RIP)
Country flag
This render is money :headbang:, and highly possible on lowering springs and spacers. Hope they get rid of the garish rear bumper vents though, they're overdone. Those asking for all wheel drive should give Acura a couple of years. Those asking for rear wheel drive should look into used s2Ks.
Sponsored