Neural DTS

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
Ok so nothing in the owners manual that I can find so asked Mr Google. I now understand what it does. My question is why does it make FM radio classic rock music sound like dog crap?! Just a couple of days ago I turned it off because the sound sucked so much. VoilĂ  problem solved. Give me surround sound for movies and a front stage for music. Is it just me?
Sponsored

MstrSHAKE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
Just today I was messing with it (listening to some edm) and I couldn’t really figure out if it’s better on or off.

OP
OP
wildbilly32

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
Just today I was messing with it (listening to some edm) and I couldn’t really figure out if it’s better on or off.
Not that familiar with edm(electronic dance music?), but if it has a lot of base like classic rock I bet it sounds better with DTS off. That's what I noticed the most besides returning the "front stage" and eliminating the surround effect. After all every concert I've been to(and that is a lot!) did not have surround sound. The drivers were all located in the front.

Hayabusa160

The Master
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
Country flag
sounds better with it off i listen to mostly country music and electronic dance music

stevessvt

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Modern Steel Metallic Civic Si
Country flag
Move the fader all the way back and listen to something with it on and off. Huge difference.

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
DTS Neural changes also the focus of the music on the rear speakers. If its off the rear door speakers are more alive than the pillars. If its on the pillar speakers are alive than the doors. Sit on the back seat and try it yourself.

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag
Ok so nothing in the owners manual that I can find so asked Mr Google. I now understand what it does. My question is why does it make FM radio classic rock music sound like dog crap?! Just a couple of days ago I turned it off because the sound sucked so much. VoilĂ  problem solved. Give me surround sound for movies and a front stage for music. Is it just me?
FM radio has weak bass, which is why it sounds better in stereo mode (Neural sound disabled). The same is true over Bluetooth. When connected to a phone or flash drive, Neural sound is the better option for sending the proper tones to the proper speakers.
Sponsored