NEEE HELP I Have hear this sound like metal clicking when you shift gears?

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I have a 2018 civic hatch Sport
I hear this sound like Metal mechanical clicking When I shift gears. I can hear most when its quite down the road. I took it to the dealer and I was told they could not identify any sound or malfucntion at this time
Is this Normal to hear this mechanical click-click sound when I shift gears? I try to recorded but ita hard to record the sound. Due the noise from the road or engine when im driving.
Thanks your answers will he appreciated
Sponsored

Justin

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I know exactly what you are talking about. Is it very similar to a faint knock? I believe it’s the throw out bearing. I heard it from 20k miles on my SI and now I’m at 69k. I was installing my PRL downpipe today and I so happened to look up, I saw some residue beneath it. I guess I’ll be swapping it out sooner or later

OP
OP
Israel

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I know exactly what you are talking about. Is it very similar to a faint knock? I believe it’s the throw out bearing. I heard it from 20k miles on my SI and now I’m at 69k. I was installing my PRL downpipe today and I so happened to look up, I saw some residue beneath it. I guess I’ll be swapping it out sooner or later
Yes , more like a faint knock , its not loud
Is that Normal?

Justin

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Yes , more like a faint knock , its not loud
Is that Normal?
It's the throw out bearing. I wouldn't say it's normal, but i have literally had zero issues with it. I plan on changing it when i change my clutch which will be at 85k miles. Hope this helps
Sponsored