Need your help on wheels as I'm in a pinch!

Cayohuesojoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Honda Type-R
Country flag
Here's the deal, my company has laid off 600 folks so far and not done. I'm interviewing like a fiend to bounce but when I went to rotate tires, the originals in front on belts on the insides. Don't want to just get 2 OEM tires, would prefer 4 Michelin Pilots and rims but need to consider the potential layoff.
Wanted VMR710's but back-ordered til Feb. A few others as well (seems matte Black is super popular).
Looking for 18X9.5+45 Matte Black and currently have an offer from Brandon at VMR for the 701's but am wondering what others out there that are quality yet not crazy expensive and figured YOU ALL would be more than willing to assist.

Thank you in advance for your help as I'm dying to drive my car again...
Sponsored

slowRthanU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 civic hatch
Country flag
Why not buy a few budget tires for the burnt out front and get aftermarket down the road?

Mr. X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R #45600
Country flag
Buy two cheap tires for the front. Find a replacement job. Save up some money then buy your wheels.

Just my .2

OP
OP
Cayohuesojoe

Cayohuesojoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Honda Type-R
Country flag
Why not buy a few budget tires for the burnt out front and get aftermarket down the road?
Both you and Mr. X are not only 1st responders but same suggestion. I've actually been on the classified since posting to see if I can score 2 OEM wheels with tires, or 4 if cheap as the Conti's are stupid expensive. Appreciate the feedback and am on it.

Mufasa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
You're in MD so this may be far, but if you're willing to pay for dismounting and shipping tires, I can send you my two good rear tires. I'm in NC. Took the OEM wheels off for 18"s and have no desire to use the OEM wheels anytime soon.

FifStreet

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 PMM Civic Type R '07 MR Fit Sport (RIP)
Country flag
Try going up a size 255/35R20. There are cheap options in that size (less than $150 per tire). that should get you by.

jmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 NSX-T & 2021 Civic Type R LE USA-029
Country flag
You will soon need tires to drive below 40 degrees as well. OEM tires don't do well in the winter. You can bump up to 245/35R20 to open up more choices for the stock rims.

Mufasa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
You will soon need tires to drive below 40 degrees as well. OEM tires don't do well in the winter. You can bump up to 245/35R20 to open up more choices for the stock rims.
Yeah - Tire Rack has some Kuhmo ECSTA PS91 in 245/35 for $157.55 shipped per tire. Actually not bad price. Still a summer tire though.

SGP_TypeR

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
I guess another question is, do you also need an alignment? May not be a bad idea if your insides are on the belts and not even tire wear. Wouldn't want to put two tires on just to find out you wore the insides prematurely.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
Cayohuesojoe

Cayohuesojoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Honda Type-R
Country flag
I guess another question is, do you also need an alignment? May not be a bad idea if your insides are on the belts and not even tire wear. Wouldn't want to put two tires on just to find out you wore the insides prematurely.
I will be getting an alignment when I get tires on for sure. While they are the originals on my '19 and they are about out of tread in front, the inside wear is pretty aggro in comparison to the rest.
Sponsored