Need window tinting advice for new Lunar Silver SI Coupe

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
Post some pics when you are done! I have silver also.
Sponsored

Derstn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX
While I don't have an SI, I'll mirror some of the other comments. I have an appointment set this Saturday for Formula One Pinnacle 35% all around with Llumar Air80 on the windshield. Spend the money to get a good ceramic film. Dyed films aren't worth doing. A metallized film would be the bare minimum, but it has drawbacks as well.

Most of the dealers I've seen have windows tinted prior to purchase have all been the cheapest dyed films possible. They basically make you spend that money twice when you have to pay to get it removed and a new film installed.

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Has anyone heard of Huper Optik? I think the tint shop I am going to is an official dealer of their products. They seem to have excellent reviews with infrared heat/UV rejection above 98% on their 35% shade. This was for their Select series which I believe is Metallic with gold and silver nano particles. Should I do the ceramic instead?

They also offer something called Dermafilm UV Windshield that blocks UV and IR rays from a clear film. I'm wondering if I should just save money and continue to use my sun shade or just make it more efficient by getting the front done and still using a shade.

Javex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan EX WOP - Aero Kit/Wing Spoiler
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
35% is good and go to a tint place IMO. The visibility thing on darker tints is true. I love having good visibility. if you go darker than 35% you might struggle at night and stuff like that. Darker might look cool but... being illegal or compromise on visibility wont be cool.

Lhoy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic HB 2000 Toyota 4Runner
Has anyone heard of Huper Optik? I think the tint shop I am going to is an official dealer of their products. They seem to have excellent reviews with infrared heat/UV rejection above 98% on their 35% shade. This was for their Select series which I believe is Metallic with gold and silver nano particles. Should I do the ceramic instead?

They also offer something called Dermafilm UV Windshield that blocks UV and IR rays from a clear film. I'm wondering if I should just save money and continue to use my sun shade or just make it more efficient by getting the front done and still using a shade.
Huper Optik is pretty good, the guy who tinted my car had Huper on his truck. He had no issues with it, but ended up stripping his truck and doing Formula One Pinnacle. Huper works just as well, personally I'd go ceramic, buy once cry once and be done.

Lhoy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic HB 2000 Toyota 4Runner
LOL the closest one to me is almost 2 hours away....I live in the biggest city in FL....
When I had my 4runner done, I drove 2 hours to get it done. My reasoning was cost savings. Local shops wanted $550-600 and I got it done for $300 by taking a little drive and did some sight seeing while I was out of town.

CivicSi84

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chrysler 200
Country flag

Metallic will mess with GPS in your phone and perhaps cellular signal as well unless they've fixed that.

egodriver07

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For those curious, I just got mine tinited today, and did so at my states legal limit of 35. Trust me I wanted to go lower, but I've been the victim of the cops catching it and me having to remove tint. That was on my old 00 Civic Si. Anyhow, with the almost all black interior I think 35 tint looks AWESOME from the outside, and inside it is obviously not restrictive to my driving at all. Kind of a win win if you ask me. I'll try to post better pictures tomorrow if it's not raining and anyone wants more. After I give her her first bath from me of course, stupid rain. :cloud:

Honda Civic 10th gen Need window tinting advice for new Lunar Silver SI Coupe IMG_20170705_145840

obarmuscle

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ex L
Country flag
i am getting 3m crystalline cr 70 on front windshield and cr40 everywhere else...
Did you get this done? Any pics?
I'm really looking at the 3M and am not sure what levels I want to get. (Nothing too dark as I really just want it for the heat reduction)
Sponsored