Need to get rid of this wheel hop

SperryCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Looking for some recommendations on parts to help reduce the wheel hop. I’m FBO phearable tuned and I can barely manage more than 50% throttle to 50mph. I don’t really ever come out of dig hard but I’d like to get some more power down in the first 3 gears without sending my transmission to the moon.

From what I’ve been able to gather it seems like the Whiteline ALK helps as well as Perrin Inserts. Also the Hasport 62a is a good option or the 70a but that might have too much NVH?

Curious to know what people on similar power figures are using and what they like or didn’t like? Also if anyone could comment Or elaborate on the differences those parts serve I would appreciate that as well.

thanks!
Sponsored

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
I've had the Perrin Insert in mine, now the 27WON Street, and considering the Whiteline 85a next. I change up occasionally as a part of testing various setups out.

No wheel hop with Perrin when the car was relatively stock, and I haven't heard of many having wheel hop with that even when not stock. Super cheap, completely daily friendly setup. Link

The 27WON Street is still quite tame, slightly more NVH than the inserts but again no wheel hop during acceleration. I am now FBO + 27WON Kuro. Link

I've had the Whiteline 85a and 27WON 90a on my Si before. I couldn't do the 90a as it was too aggressive for me personally on a daily driven commute, whereas the 85a was just at the point where I still enjoyed having the solid feeling during shifts and no wheel hop. Link to Whiteline 85a

Last edited:

ehCobra

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Civic Type-R
Country flag
I personally have the ALK and the full set of Hasport 62a mounts. Occasionally in the wet I can get some wheelhop, but it's so much less pronounced than when stock. I would like to upgrade to slightly stiffer mounts at some point.

OP
OP
SperryCTR

SperryCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Curious what your power mods are? How much TQ?

OP
OP
SperryCTR

SperryCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I've had the Perrin Insert in mine, now the 27WON Street, and considering the Whiteline 85a next. I change up occasionally as a part of testing various setups out.

No wheel hop with Perrin when the car was relatively stock, and I haven't heard of many having wheel hop wit that even when not stock. Super cheap, completely daily friendly setup. Link

The 27WON Street is still quite tame, slightly more NVH than the inserts but again no wheel hop during acceleration. I am now FBO + 27WON Kuro. Link

I've had the Whiteline 85a and 27WON 90a on my Si before. I couldn't do the 90a as it was too aggressive for me personally on a daily driven commute, whereas the 85a was just at the point where I still enjoyed having the solid feeling during shifts and no wheel hop. Link to Whiteline 85a
You think the 70a is enough? You feel good about the power you can put down?

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
62a has pretty much no NVL, I bet you could go with a 70 and be fine with it. Just the 62a alone, almost all of my wheel hop is gone. Id say tires also play a part in the hop as well as the pavement youre on.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Just try the Perrin - it's 30 bucks? Then you can see if you want to get something for a few hundred. Keep in mind most of the NVH's happen when the A/C is on. If you live in a hot area and don't like a vibrating car, get the Perrin to keep things tame. I hardly notice mine. If you do go that route you should slather that joint with a ton of lube to reduce NVH even more. I used some plumber O-ring lube on both my 19 and 21 now when installing.

xSenbon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR | 2007 350z
Country flag
Same issue as you except I’m 500hp, 70A RMM eliminated all wheel hop (all wheel spin now), and just recently installed the white line anti lift kit and reduced wheel spin greatly. Still dailyable and my idle is set to 950RPM so I can turn on ac and get very minimal vibration.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
You think the 70a is enough? You feel good about the power you can put down?
70a is enough to eliminate the wheel hop with my current setup, I get wheelspin with cold tires rather than wheel hop. I've also got the RV6 compliance mount / anti lift kit, but that came after FBO upgrades were installed.

I would agree with @NapalmEnema, try out the Perrin Inserts first; I too was happy with them for nearly a Year before switching out for 27WON 70a

CTRCAL

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
62a has pretty much no NVL, I bet you could go with a 70 and be fine with it. Just the 62a alone, almost all of my wheel hop is gone. Id say tires also play a part in the hop as well as the pavement youre on.
Not true. There is lots of take off vibration with the 62a.

Snmtazz70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
500HP 2019 Honda Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
500hp, 3 hasport 62a mounts, firestone indy's, grips good no hop but yes will spin if you push it.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Not true. There is lots of take off vibration with the 62a.
Lol I disagree 100%, but you do you.

Maybe break yours in a bit? Ive probably had mine on for 15k miles or so and driven the car hard a lot on track and its been great. Ive routinely given non-car people rides and nobodys mentioned anything about weird vibrations either. Are you sure you got a 62 RMM?

OP
OP
SperryCTR

SperryCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Same issue as you except I’m 500hp, 70A RMM eliminated all wheel hop (all wheel spin now), and just recently installed the white line anti lift kit and reduced wheel spin greatly. Still dailyable and my idle is set to 950RPM so I can turn on ac and get very minimal vibration.
This is basically the exact set up I'm leaning towards as my eventual power goals will be around where you're at
Sponsored