Need to change brakes are 30K miles - Need suggestions

Deadgame

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
My rear brake pads are about gone at 30K miles. Fronts are probably 30%. No track time and a lot of highway and traffic during my commute to work. I have no cracks and just the normal slight grooves in the front rotors, back rotors are smooth. Can I just change the pads or are rotors required too? Again, I don't track, but I am looking for pads with a good mix of low fade and minimal dust. Which pads (and rotors if absolutely needed) would you suggest for my needs?
Sponsored

Andjoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R - CW #19431
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I changed my brake pads to the R1 Concepts Ceramic pads. I changed mine out at like 7k kms, so just swapped the pads myself.
Performance for the street has been fine, brake dust has been non-existent and no more squeaks. Price was really good :)

OP
OP
Deadgame

Deadgame

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
I changed my brake pads to the R1 Concepts Ceramic pads. I changed mine out at like 7k kms, so just swapped the pads myself.
Performance for the street has been fine, brake dust has been non-existent and no more squeaks. Price was really good :)

They only have the rears from what I can tell from R1's website. Did you change the front pads as well?

Andjoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's weird. Maybe give them a call? I purchased front and rears. I think it was about 60-70 USD for the 4 pads.

Last edited:

Tev42

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
I had two sets of R1 pads on my civic Si over the years and will likely use R1 when I do the brakes on my CTR for daily purposes. Highly recommend that company. I've led a few of my friends to their site and helped with brake jobs and nobody has ever had any complaints for typical daily driving purposes.

Andjoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag