Need suggestion on buying a 2018 Civic hatchback LX

aichilizi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Hi All,

I am interested in a 2018 civic hatchback lx with only 7k miles on it. Carfax record is flawless except there was a recent recall as the defective design of the fuel pump and the seller just had it fixed yesterday. The price is good because the seller is leaving the country soon due to the pandemic.
The car is still under factory bumper to bumper warranty. So I am kinda debating with my myself whether I even need to get a pre purchase inspection. I am travelling 3 hours. So I don't know any mechanics in that area I can trust. Mobile inspector seems to be an option, but I really doubt how much work can be done by them for not being inspected in a garage. Also, the seller just went to the dealership to fix the recall problem and did the maintenance very recently. Do dealer usually spot any issues when they perform the services and report them?

Any suggestions are welcome!

Thank you!
Sponsored

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
With only 7k miles on the car, I doubt much can be wrong with it. If the seller took it in for service, and for a recall recently, they probably took somewhat decent care of it, which isn’t saying much at 7k miles.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Not much can go wrong at 7k mechanically, unless they ruthlessly beat the crap out of it 24/7. Really only collision/cosmetic damage, but since it has none your looking golden. Especially since it still has warranty

novy_wan_kenobi

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Sedan 2.0L NA 6MT
Country flag
If the price is right, and you like the car, hop all over that. I have a '17 Canadian LX sedan 2.0NA 6MT and I absolutely love it!
Sponsored