Need Stock Sized Maf Diameter Pipe-Housing

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone know where I can purchase a maf sensor housing that is the same size as stock? I was working on making my own intake today and this is the last piece I'll need to make it. It needs to be stock sized tubing and be able to utilize the stock maf sensor. Wherever I can order this piece, I need is ASAP. I want to have this delivered and installed before this Friday. I have some testing to do at a track, before it closes before the season is out. Thanks in advance!

Here is a picture of PRL's maf sensor piece ---->
Honda Civic 10th gen Need Stock Sized Maf Diameter Pipe-Housing SiMAFhousingAnodized

I have the PRL CAI on order but still want to make my own for personal comparison. If mine is better (It will be. :) ), I will be selling my PRL. Thanks!
Sponsored

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
Sounds like you are saying you believe the intake you will be creating will outperform Prl’s design. Curious of your ideas and the outcome when the time comes, I’ll be following this.

indexcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX (Crystal Black)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@Myx Interesting stuff. As someone who knows nothing about datalogging or modifying an engine; what kind of tests will you be performing to compare the two and how will you be viewing the data?

OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@Myx Interesting stuff. As someone who knows nothing about datalogging or modifying an engine; what kind of tests will you be performing to compare the two and how will you be viewing the data?
Much simpler than you think. I'll run at the track with my stock air box a couple of runs. Switch to the 'Myxal SRI-CAI', make a few more runs. Switch back to stock...make a few more runs. Two runs...switch....two runs...switch. Until I am satisfied that the differences are conclusive enough for me to accept. The data are my timeslips. I'm no longer concerned about how much hp/tq I make anymore. Just the result of the changes I've made in a straight line.

Depending on how fast I can switch between the two, I'll do the same with the PRL vs Myxal. It's all for fun and personal info but I share the results. Not to prove one way or another. I'd be happy to race with a few people while testing as well. May as well make a full event out of it. :D Hopefully a manual trannied Si or Type R.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Talked to PRL Motorsports this morning and they won't sell their maf sensor piece by itself. Will keep looking around.

OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Stopped by Mishimoto's main headquarters. I didn't realize they are literally 7 minutes from my house. :oops: They hooked me up and I'll have the maf sensor housing piece from their short ram intake (For the 2016+ Honda Civic) by tomorrow. Their warehouse with the parts is in Nevada, else I'd probably would've been able to walk out with the piece. That's customer service there. Thanks Mishimoto!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks like the piece came in. Time to make a ghetto intake until the PRL unit arrives. :lol:

Honda Civic 10th gen Need Stock Sized Maf Diameter Pipe-Housing Mitsimoto Maf Sensor

OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How much...
I can't remember the cost. At the time, I contacted Mishimoto and they sold it to me as a separate piece. They never intended to sell it as a separate piece at that time but they hooked me up. Perhaps give them a call since a lot probably has changed since then. There were no maf housings being sold as a single unit at that time.

........and what are the diameters on the end?
Stock Maf Housing: 61.60mm (2.43")
It was the same size as the stock maf housing.

NSaneeee

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
I can't remember the cost. At the time, I contacted Mishimoto and they sold it to me as a separate piece. They never intended to sell it as a separate piece at that time but they hooked me up. Perhaps give them a call since a lot probably has changed since then. There were no maf housings being sold as a single unit at that time.

It was the same size as the stock maf housing.
I have the 2.0 so I don’t know if the in and out diameters would be the same for the Si did you ever get to measure what size couplers fit on either end?

OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the 2.0 so I don’t know if the in and out diameters would be the same for the Si did you ever get to measure what size couplers fit on either end?

I am fortunate in that I have a warehouse near me where I can take a part or piece inside and simply test fit a coupler to it. So I never measure for coupler size, just as data to for future reference and to let other people know the size of it.

Measure the outside diameter (inlet and outlet) and purchase a coupler(s) that have an inside diameter to fit over the outside diameter of the maf sensor.
Sponsored