Need some tint advice!

Ragu678

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 outlander sport , 2016 Civic Ralley Red Touring
Planning to tint my red touring(side windows and rear window). Do you guys have any idea of which tint film is good? My local tint shops do 3M and Marathon. Any advice is welcome, thanks !
Sponsored

HondaGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
3M all the way. Warrantied and have been developing products for the automotive segment for decades.

OP
OP

Ragu678

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3M all the way. Warrantied and have been developing products for the automotive segment for decades.
Thanks HondaGeek! In 3M there are multiple lines:
Crystalline(most expensive, got $500 quote)
Ceramic
Color Stable
FX Premium(least expensive, got $200 quote)

Any recommendation or disadvantages for the lower end one's?

Tuttle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBR600RR
Thanks HondaGeek! In 3M there are multiple lines:
Crystalline(most expensive, got $500 quote)
Ceramic
Color Stable
FX Premium(least expensive, got $200 quote)

Any recommendation or disadvantages for the lower end one's?
These are 3M films so each of them should last years and years. But each one has their own hue and color so make sure to compare them in person. For me the FX Premium always seemed more greenish than Color Stable. Color Stable was always the perfect color to me.

Crystalline of course is best if you want as much visibility as possible but with all the benefits of heat / UV protection. But on the flip side it's not dark enough for some people who get tint also for aesthetic reasons.

Maybe what's equally important is the skill of the installer. Even the best film can look bad if improperly installed. Crystalline especially is difficult to install because it's extra thick, so find someone with plenty of experience and good reviews.

OP
OP

Ragu678

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
These are 3M films so each of them should last years and years. But each one has their own hue and color so make sure to compare them in person. For me the FX Premium always seemed more greenish than Color Stable. Color Stable was always the perfect color to me.

Crystalline of course is best if you want as much visibility as possible but with all the benefits of heat / UV protection. But on the flip side it's not dark enough for some people who get tint also for aesthetic reasons.

Maybe what's equally important is the skill of the installer. Even the best film can look bad if improperly installed. Crystalline especially is difficult to install because it's extra thick, so find someone with plenty of experience and good reviews.
Thanks Tuttle! Nice info.

Threemaples

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX, 2011 Hyundai Sante Fe
Thanks Tuttle! Nice info.
Not sure if you saw my post here re problems re rear window tint....would mention Issue to installer and see if he has any concerns....cars defrost lines are quite thick and rear window is quite raked...however it appears that others are not having this problem though so it could be also a function of install and type of film....please let me know how it goes

Cheers. R

http://www.civicx.com/threads/problem-with-rear-window-tint-light-refracting.904/#post-11420
Sponsored