Need some model advice

rescueswimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model Y
Country flag
Ok folks so after nixing my kids WRX dreams and him being happy getting a SI, then the pricing of those killing those dreams for now. I think he/we have decided on either a Sport Hatch with the 6 SP or an EX with the CVT. With that being said I was looking at the 19 model year Sports because they had honda sense then I just found out he can get the EX hatch with the 1.5 and CVT. Not sure what years have honda sense So it opened up some options for him.

Is there a list of Model year changes I can look at. I know the 19 supposed fixed Oil dilusion issues, and it has the radio nob.

Lastly are any of the radios with out nobs easily upgradable, or do you end up with one of those made in china Android headunits.

Thanks again for the advice you guys are great.

RS
Sponsored

Klamkhowder

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatch
Country flag
So I'm pretty sure I remember hearing that Honda sensing was standard on all 2019 and up models, and optional before that.

After 2019 very little changed feature wise as far as I know the biggest thing is that a lot of features that you normally got at the EX tier were added to the Sport in 2020. So that would be the mid range sound system, 7" touch screen, pushbutton start, remote start for CVT.

I'm less informed on 2016-18 model years, since I bought in at 2019. Looks like there were a few more trim levels that got consolidated.

ollier013

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback sport
Country flag
2020 and up sport hatch’s get the better infotainment and update look. Best option looking for a sporty civic with some oomph. Wanted an si and had the chance to get one for a steal but waited and now they are skyrocketed in price ?. You won’t be disappointed with the hatch though I recommend 6 speed

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
So I'm pretty sure I remember hearing that Honda sensing was standard on all 2019 and up models, and optional before that.
I was told this as well. But I seem to remember that the Si (or maybe the hatch) was the exception to this. Not sure.

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
I was told this as well. But I seem to remember that the Si (or maybe the hatch) was the exception to this. Not sure.
This is correct. Sensing didn't debut on the Si until 2020.
Sponsored