Need some Ideas

Devcom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic EX-T Coupe 1.5L T, 2020 Camaro LT1 6.2L V8, 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 4.0L L6
Country flag
So when I moved to the Kansas City metro and registered my car the state of Kansas gave me a courtesy registration because Honda Financial refused to give the title to the state of Kansas. Since then the Kansas DMV has sent 6 letters to Honda Financial requesting said title to make the Courtesy Registration a regular one. Honda Financial has not replied to them at all and when the DMV mailed me and had me contact them they refused the request entirely.
Fast forward to earlier today where I talked to the Commissioner of the DMV and he said I will probably need to get a lawyer to get this resolved.

Is this a good idea? All I want is have my car legally registered lol. Why is Honda Financial being total douche bags? Any Ideas or help from anyone who also might have went through this dilemma is appreciated.
Sponsored

senorg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, 2005 BMW 330cic
Vehicle Showcase
Where did you move from? I know in NYS I can get a new copy of the title from DMV that will list my bank as the lien holder. Could you go that route and get it from the previous DMV and then give it to Kansas DMV?

OP
OP
Devcom

Devcom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic EX-T Coupe 1.5L T, 2020 Camaro LT1 6.2L V8, 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 4.0L L6
Country flag
Thank you for the suggestion unfortunately the Connecticut DMV spokesperson said they appear to not have it anymore. :( I contacted Honda and they said they are going to handle the situation. Hopefully everything works out.

brienp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So when I moved to the Kansas City metro and registered my car the state of Kansas gave me a courtesy registration because Honda Financial refused to give the title to the state of Kansas. Since then the Kansas DMV has sent 6 letters to Honda Financial requesting said title to make the Courtesy Registration a regular one. Honda Financial has not replied to them at all and when the DMV mailed me and had me contact them they refused the request entirely.
Fast forward to earlier today where I talked to the Commissioner of the DMV and he said I will probably need to get a lawyer to get this resolved.

Is this a good idea? All I want is have my car legally registered lol. Why is Honda Financial being total douche bags? Any Ideas or help from anyone who also might have went through this dilemma is appreciated.
Everyone has a boss and that boss has a boss and that boss has a boss...and the best part about boss' bosses is that those bosses dont want to be bothered with work that should have been completed by subordinates, especially when magical words like "the state said I should contact a lawyer" or "the state is suggesting a lawsuit". Its amazing how fast things happen when someone's boss' boss is involved regarding potential legal action.

OP
OP
Devcom

Devcom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I am happy to say that my car will have a regular registration in a couple of weeks I got a message from Honda with an apology and notice that they sent Kansas the title for registration purposes. :)

DoubleDown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
I am happy to say that my car will have a regular registration in a couple of weeks I got a message from Honda with an apology and notice that they sent Kansas the title for registration purposes. :)
Glad to hear everything worked out. I'm in the process of moving to Oregon from LA, and this thread had me paranoid, lol. My mom lives in CT btw. What made you move to Kansas?

OP
OP
Devcom

Devcom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Connecticut is not a great place to live if your not in a decent spot already. Three years ago when I moved back there it was a night and day difference on how better off I had it in Kansas City compared to Connecticut. In Connecticut Major Companies that have had there headquarters there forever have left like Aetna in Hartford. I could go on but I knew I could not stay there it was like a slow sinking ship and as soon as I moved back to Kansas City at the end of August things have been tremendously better financially and I have been happier. My wife and I are even thinking of house because we are just saving and earning much more money than we did when we were in Connecticut. Everything is booming out here they redid the I-35 I-435 interchange in Lenexa Kansas for example and there are new businesses/living areas in the recent expansion (what it looks like anyway) in my three year absence. Three years ago when I went to Connecticut all I ended up seeing is things that used to be there but were now abandoned buildings or something else.

DoubleDown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
Connecticut is not a great place to live if your not in a decent spot already. Three years ago when I moved back there it was a night and day difference on how better off I had it in Kansas City compared to Connecticut. In Connecticut Major Companies that have had there headquarters there forever have left like Aetna in Hartford. I could go on but I knew I could not stay there it was like a slow sinking ship and as soon as I moved back to Kansas City at the end of August things have been tremendously better financially and I have been happier. My wife and I are even thinking of house because we are just saving and earning much more money than we did when we were in Connecticut. Everything is booming out here they redid the I-35 I-435 interchange in Lenexa Kansas for example and there are new businesses/living areas in the recent expansion (what it looks like anyway) in my three year absence. Three years ago when I went to Connecticut all I ended up seeing is things that used to be there but were now abandoned buildings or something else.
Yeah, CT is very expensive. Seems like the only thing they have is Foxwoods and Mohegan Sun. Even the Whalers left long ago, lol. My employer is allowing me to work remotely from home, which is why I'm moving. Also, the cost of living in CA has gotten ridiculously too high. A dumpy house in a East LA can fetch for over a million, which is completely insane! Kansas sounds awesome though. I'm glad your family is prospering over there. Buying a house seems like a dream come true. Good for you!

AndyAndromeda-AUS

AndyAndromeda
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 10th Gen - Vti-LX (Australia)
Country flag
Registration sounds like a bitch in US. In Australia you just register the car with the State Government. (must be the state you permanently live in)

I don't see why your bank / financial institute has to be involved. But then I also don't know how your systems work. Haha
Sponsored