Zachrael

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
Hey guys, I'm looking for a set of 18 inch rims and tires. I've read through a lot of posts and it seems like a ton of people are recommending 18x19.5, only issue is tirerack doesn't have that option. Would 18x8 or 18x9 work?

Just looking for a cheap set, was thinking the sparco pro corsa's.

I would appreciate any advice possible, thanks guys!
Sponsored

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hey guys, I'm looking for a set of 18 inch rims and tires. I've read through a lot of posts and it seems like a ton of people are recommending 18x19.5, only issue is tirerack doesn't have that option. Would 18x8 or 18x9 work?

Tire rack doesn't really allow you to deviate much from factory specs.
Check out System Motorsports, Vivid Racing, Fitment Industries (lots of pictures) for better selections.

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

If I were you, I'd check with @Fitment Industries

They're a Sponsor of this forum, and I've been very happy with my dealings with them (ordered my wheels and tires from them last Friday ... and they have been great at keeping me informed.)

Fitment Industries

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fitmentindustries.com
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Country flag

Hey!

Yeah we have a huge selection of wheels + Tires and pictures to go with them on our site, If you're looking for a specific fit we have experts that can help you dial in your exact fitment as well. If you ever have any problems or questions just reach out to me and we can get you sorted my man ?

-Tre @ Fitment Industries

OP
OP

Zachrael

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
Wow, nearly instant replies. This place is amazing. Thank you so much. I will check out fitment industries website and see what they have to offer.

I am completely stock, do you guys recommend going 18x9.5 or 18x9? I don't want any rubbing issues at all. Plan on running pilot sport 4s tires on it as well. Hoping to order a set of 4 mounted and balanced ready to go for me :)

TANSTAAFL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R, Championship White
Country flag
Eh, 18x8 works fine for my snow tires. Depends on what you want--looks, weight, winter, performance, etc. Always a trade off somewhere.

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STI
Country flag
Hey!

Yeah we have a huge selection of wheels + Tires and pictures to go with them on our site, If you're looking for a specific fit we have experts that can help you dial in your exact fitment as well. If you ever have any problems or questions just reach out to me and we can get you sorted my man ?

-Tre @ Fitment Industries
Wish you had more options for Gram Lights and Volks like many other tuner shops for the FK8

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Wish you had more options for Gram Lights and Volks like many other tuner shops for the FK8
They seem to top out at about the Enkei level...

That's why I started off my list with System and Vivid.

OP
OP

Zachrael

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
Heres what I am looking at now, thoughts? Just want to ensure its not going to rub at all and isn't going to negatively effect the car at all.
Honda Civic 10th gen Need some help 1613587902147

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Heres what I am looking at now, thoughts? Just want to ensure its not going to rub at all and isn't going to negatively effect the car at all.
1613587902147.png
That setup will rub. Either change out the tires to 255's or look for a wheel with at least a +40 offset.

Edit, if lowered. On stock ride height you'd probably be fine.

OP
OP

Zachrael

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
I am on stock ride height, no intentions of lowering at this point. Plan is wheels tires, tune, then exhaust and probably calling it good there (but ya never know lol).

Goal is to stay cheap, but I don't want to lose performance. Just looking to gain ride quality and keep performance levels the same if not increase them.

On a +40 offset, will it be safe to run 265, or should I just stay with 255 regardless?

These are even cheaper and similar look wise (to me).
Honda Civic 10th gen Need some help 1613588425715

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I am on stock ride height, no intentions of lowering at this point. Plan is wheels tires, tune, then exhaust and probably calling it good there (but ya never know lol).

Goal is to stay cheap, but I don't want to lose performance. Just looking to gain ride quality and keep performance levels the same if not increase them.

On a +40 offset, will it be safe to run 265, or should I just stay with 255 regardless?

These are even cheaper and similar look wise (to me).
1613588425715.png
You'd be good with these and the 265's :thumbsup:

Jebuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CBP Type R
Country flag
Keep in mind our brembo brakes. Some wheels will not clear our calipers even if the size/offset is correct.