FK8CW2019

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Got the car to dealership regarding Emission and Rev Match Issues. They told me that one of the harness cracked, so now the issue is harness is backordered til November. My concern is driving the car with Emission and Rev match issue and engine check light on for that long will it cause other issues? I've been pushing for a loaner but they told me that they will try.
Sponsored

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Got the car to dealership regarding Emission and Rev Match Issues. They told me that one of the harness cracked, so now the issue is harness is backordered til November. My concern is driving the car with Emission and Rev match issue and engine check light on for that long will it cause other issues? I've been pushing for a loaner but they told me that they will try.
Which harness? Keep in mind that emission and rev match is a generic code and doesn't give any specifics about what the actual issue would be. When people ask about what the issue could be and cite that, they're normally asked to provide the CEL code.

OP
OP
FK8CW2019

FK8CW2019

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
The service advisor couldn't tell me specific since the tech did not complete the write-up of the fix. Will let you know later.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
The service advisor couldn't tell me specific since the tech did not complete the write-up of the fix. Will let you know later.
If it does concern you that much, you could always call and ask if the car is safe to drive despite the CEL and warnings. It most likely is, but it also depends on which harness is at fault.
Sponsored