Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Now located in South Korea....Working for the Army
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring, 2018 BMW X-3.
Country flag
Hello,
I need some advise.. I recently purchased the "supposed" ivory leather, center console pieces, and arm rest pieces for all four doors for my 2017 civic touring. I used HondaPartsNow.com, as they had the parts listed for the 2019 Honda Insight. The pieces are interchangeable between the car models.... They sent me the Platinum Gray pieces instead, and now want me to return the pieces at my own exspense and they will charge me a 20% restock Fee. My issue is this, they have it listed on their website as the ivory colored leather, but claim that I ordered the wrong part, and are willing to waive the 20% restock fee if I purchase the Ivory Leather pieces for the Civic, at a mark up of like 4 times what I spent on the insight Parts.... so instead of spending $200 to get the pieces, I'll be spending almost $1k for the same freaking parts.... What should I do...
Sponsored

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Hello,
I need some advise.. I recently purchased the "supposed" ivory leather, center console pieces, and arm rest pieces for all four doors for my 2017 civic touring. I used HondaPartsNow.com, as they had the parts listed for the 2019 Honda Insight. The pieces are interchangeable between the car models.... They sent me the Platinum Gray pieces instead, and now want me to return the pieces at my own exspense and they will charge me a 20% restock Fee. My issue is this, they have it listed on their website as the ivory colored leather, but claim that I ordered the wrong part, and are willing to waive the 20% restock fee if I purchase the Ivory Leather pieces for the Civic, at a mark up of like 4 times what I spent on the insight Parts.... so instead of spending $200 to get the pieces, I'll be spending almost $1k for the same freaking parts.... What should I do...
What color does it say in the invoice? And in your email confirmation?.. if neither say the correct color then it falls on you, best bet resell them. Or contact them again but do not mention it’s for a civic

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
They definitely do not make it the easy to tell which color some of these parts are, I'll usually double-check exact part numbers with what someone has verified on this forum previously before ordering. If you can confirm the part number you ordered is for the ivory armrests I would fight them, otherwise grey might not be all that bad if you don't mind the color. I myself have the trifecta of red, black, and grey stitching in various parts in my interior and I think it comes together well

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Why not take the return fee hit and repurchase the correct ones. Since it will still be cheaper than The civic pieces. Or again re-contact them for the exchange in color but do not at all mention it’s for a civic

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Pics of the grey armrests? Perhaps I (and others) may be interested in taking them off your hands.

Conor

First Name
Conor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Take a screenshot of the webpage and dispute the cc charge. If you want to play nice let them know in advance and they might wave the restock fee.

OP
OP
Revenger8

Revenger8

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanx guys.. Their customer service leaves a lot to be desired... I might just go ahead and sell them outright, since I absolutely will not buy something from them again. They still refuse to honor what their website states, I did send a screen capture of their listings and they stated they are still not going to waive the restock fees.. I then called them and was told (very rudely by one of their customer service reps), the very same thing... in my honest opinion, this is why I absolutely hate dealing with online retailers... no one has the balls to stand behind what they list and do nothing to present a honest business to the customer...

nawx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Thanx guys.. Their customer service leaves a lot to be desired... I might just go ahead and sell them outright, since I absolutely will not buy something from them again. They still refuse to honor what their website states, I did send a screen capture of their listings and they stated they are still not going to waive the restock fees.. I then called them and was told (very rudely by one of their customer service reps), the very same thing... in my honest opinion, this is why I absolutely hate dealing with online retailers... no one has the balls to stand behind what they list and do nothing to present a honest business to the customer...
If they don't want to help you out just do a charge back. Fuck them.

OP
OP
Revenger8

Revenger8

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Pic of one of the arm rests... This was supposed to be the ivory leather... All parts are the same color, as far as I can tell, I didn't want to open all the sealed bags... If someone wants these..shoot me PM... In the next several days, I'll post all the parts in the classified section..
Honda Civic 10th gen Need some advise.. arm rest
Honda Civic 10th gen Need some advise.. inside

wiley-coyote

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Touring Hatchback (FK7) Agean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does the part number shown on the armrest match what you ordered?

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
Live with what the civic came with and buy an accord next time