BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
I traded in my 2017 civic SI with about 4000 miles. I think they gave me about 22500 for it. So I lost maybe 1000 bucks. I would have to double check the numbers but i'am at work. I got my 2018 Civic Type R Crystal black Pearl #11433 for MSRP with no Add ons and the doc fee was maybe 200. I would say keep looking and call all the dealerships. Ask of you can put down a deposit , Then ask and make sure @ Msrp with no add-ons unless you really want them. Most the time its cheaper to buy the parts yourself .

My SI was blue ... Loved the color. I've only had silver type cars all my life so it was nice it have for about 6 months hahah .I did't think I would be able to score a type R at msrp. Not the best thing to buy a car then sell 6 months later but I had lots of equity from trading in my S2000. Owned my s2000 for about 7 years and was my daily for about 5 years while also owning a similar car an 1988 Honda Accord which was 1 year off from my first car which was a 1987. Man was that accord slow hahahah

Man the black looks the most stealth like and hide the huge fake vents very well. And when she's clean oh man does it shine. Only done tint and a extra set of wheels + the Type R decal like the old ones from the 90's and early 2000's Have fun

Anyways good luck !!! :)

73513646_10158786928403219_8784111296107773952_o.jpg

20190808_144704.jpg
I love that decal! I would totally rock it as well! Looks sharp

OneSickFK8

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PMM FK8
Country flag
Wonder if I can argue that 20’s around the corner and they should discount the 19’s
That angle doesn't always work. Better to use how long the unit has been on the lot as a bargaining chip. However you really shouldn't need either if you're playing the game right.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
Mr I got ripped off and I liked it. Go away.
OP don't listen this joker...you might get punch in the face if you ask for $4k discout :) that's a great deal you have on the screen already. This guy is a joke...he probably has one of those pine tree hanging from his rear view mirror...lol what a joker...MSRP OTD LMAO...:lol::crazy::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Muggsy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2020 Lexus UX250h, 2012 Toyota Sienna
Country flag
The destination and handle fee line item is already included in the retail price of $37,230 I believe, so you're being double-charged on that $880 line item fee. If they removed that $880, I'd be fine with that offer. All dealers charge a "dealer fee" (in your quote they call "dealer service"), I paid about the same on my MSRP CTR as well (mine was $599). Are you trading in? Make sure they don't try to romp you there, my brother was getting MSRP offer on the CTR but getting $3k+ less than fair value on KBB and NADA. So, don't let 'em punk you on trade in by making you feel good that you're paying MSRP, is all I'm saying. You're close, if all else fails, just get it mate, it's an amazing car.

Edit: Just double-checked, the before-shipping price of the CTR is $36.3k, so I am correct in that they are double charging you on the destination and handling fee. Good luck!

Screen Shot 2019-10-16 at 6.36.25 PM.png
+1 on this. The destination charge is included in the MSRP, so they are double charging you for that. I had a dealer (Sheehy Honda in Alexandria, VA) try to pull that crap after we had agreed on a price over the phone and I walked out.

OneSickFK8

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PMM FK8
Country flag
OP don't listen this joker...you might get punch in the face if you ask for $4k discout :) that's a great deal you have on the screen already. This guy is a joke...he probably has one of those pine tree hanging from his rear view mirror...lol what a joker...MSRP OTD LMAO...:lol::crazy::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Again this troll is trying to cost you money. You're in South, FL and so am I. I will personally show you my sell sheet in person. I have the proof. Do not listen to people like this.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
if you are financing and have a trade in, you have to look at other values too.

1. make sure you are getting a fair amount for your trade in.
2. make sure you are getting the CTR for a fair price.
3. interest rate

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
if you are financing and have a trade in, you have to look at other values too.

1. make sure you are getting a fair amount for your trade in.
2. make sure you are getting the CTR for a fair price.
3. interest rate
#1 is important...when trading for a CTR, dealer will try to squeeze on the trade-ins too.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
#1 is important...when trading for a CTR, dealer will try to squeeze on the trade-ins too.
they will get their money one way or another. Of course, financing through a credit union would be different but this is all assuming your going to be doing the financing at the dealer.

if you get a good price for #2, they are making money on either #1 or #3.
if you get a good price for #1, they are making money on either #2 or #3.
if you get a good rate for #3, they are making money on either #1 or #2.

job here is to minimize the amount of profit they will see since it's impossible for you to make them take a loss on anything.

OneSickFK8

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PMM FK8
Country flag
I got my deal and went through a credit union but my rate is a little higher than most. I only use credit on vehicles and it hurts me for that.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
they will get their money one way or another. Of course, financing through a credit union would be different but this is all assuming your going to be doing the financing at the dealer.

if you get a good price for #2, they are making money on either #1 or #3.
if you get a good price for #1, they are making money on either #2 or #3.
if you get a good rate for #3, they are making money on either #1 or #2.

job here is to minimize the amount of profit they will see since it's impossible for you to make them take a loss on anything.
yes, there is always a balance...one way or another, dealer will get pay.

OP
OP
BoostedDreams

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Wow. Lots of ehh mixed opinions here lol
So the mrsp always includes the destination fee?
I have excellent credit so I’m expecting the best rate.

hangsang

First Name
sang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
It's used - but barely I think it has 5k on it? I could test drive it for you if you like - I've already looked it over top to bottom and it is pristine - (it's just down the street from me)

https://www.momentumvolkswagen.com/...c+Type+R-43c0c7940a0e0a174a86e5b72b1144cd.htm

It's been there a while I BET they would go 35k on it at this point. Let me know - happy to help out a fellow enthusiast -

Oh lol you're in Houston - it's at Richmond and Kirby roughly - between kirby and shepherd.
i already get in line waiting for the MSRP in honda of spring, for the MSRP plus tax and doc, the OTD almost 40K. So sound good for me if i can make it OTD around 35-36K by this used one. but now i would wait 2 more weeks to see what gonna change for the 2020 R, if nothing special then i would go to take a look of this used one.

OP
OP
BoostedDreams

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Again this troll is trying to cost you money. You're in South, FL and so am I. I will personally show you my sell sheet in person. I have the proof. Do not listen to people like this.
Lol I appreciate that. If you want to send it through pm that would help me at the dealer ! I’m at work now and heading there right after so no time to meet
Sponsored