Need Lots of help with my new Honda

NoobOnHOnda

Nub here.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
So, yesterday i bought my first car, a 2006 Honda Civic and it has quite a bit of problems, I'll greatly appreciate you guys help.

so the car has a power steering issue where the wheel is super hard when going slow or parking.

It also has an electrical problem where the right indicating light doesnt work, one of the Headlights didnt work yesterday but i replaced the bulb, and because the wasnt working i replaced the fuse and now it works.

I need to replace or put airbags on it because it had been on an accident and i dont think the airbags have been replaced.

Basically i got screwed, my mistake and i should of known better after watching Chrisfix and his guide to buying a car.... i want to fix the car so i can drive it and potentially run over the fucker who sold me this car..... not really but it sucks, I have to fix this pile.

also if you guys could help me with what i should do. i have the title but it was expired on 2014 and i have to insure the car, but should i take it to a mechanic first or should i take it to the DMV and insure it first????

Thanks for the help, i need it.

Here are some pics of the lights.
Honda Civic 10th gen Need Lots of help with my new Honda IMG_5099.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Need Lots of help with my new Honda IMG_5098.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Need Lots of help with my new Honda IMG_5102.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Need Lots of help with my new Honda IMG_5101.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Need Lots of help with my new Honda IMG_5094.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Need Lots of help with my new Honda IMG_5100[1].JPG

Last edited:

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Oh God...must not be mean..must not be mean..must not be mean.....

Ugh. So let's start from the top.

Power steering: does it make a terrible noise when you fully turn the wheel to the end? If so, your pump is likely shot and you need to replace it. If it's just super hard at the extreme corners, then you might just be low on power steering fluid. You can easily check the level, so start there. Also smell the fluid to see if it smells burnt, and if it does, replace all the fluid.

I don't understand your lights issue. It's fixed or not? Also, fuck you for putting HID's in the reflector housings. Get that shit changed back to regular bulbs.

You cannot just "replace" airbags.
Also, if it was in a big enough of a crash to deploy airbags, for most insurance purposes, that's an automatic write off. Did you not know about the accident when you decided to buy this thing?
If your airbag system is fucked, you're going to have an SRS light on your dash. If it doesn't light up, it either means your airbag system is fine, or the fucker who sold you the car pulled out the SRS bulb from the gauge cluster.

AFAIK, it is absolutely illegal to drive a car without airbags, and if you get into a crash, your insurance will be void.

Now, seriously, wtf man. Unless you bought the car for like $500, you done fucked up.

I can't answer your registration question because our system is completely different than yours.

But seriously, wtf.

OP
OP
NoobOnHOnda

NoobOnHOnda

Nub here.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Ok, the power steering doesn't make any sounds just that at very slow speeds its hard, once i start moving a little it works fine. the fluid its at the maximum level. it looks very dirty though.the guy that sold me the car replaced the power steering pump hose but that didnt help.

The lights issue is that the right indicator light doesnt light up when indicating, and i know that HID was already there, i put the other headlight bulb on not the HID.

i just checked the air bags, it has the steering wheel airbag and passenger but the passenger airbag light says its off(passenger airbag off). so yeah BIG ASS MISTAKE. should of walked away.

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ok, the power steering doesn't make any sounds just that at very slow speeds its hard, once i start moving a little it works fine. the fluid its at the maximum level. it looks very dirty though.the guy that sold me the car replaced the power steering pump hose but that didnt help.

The lights issue is that the right indicator light doesnt light up when indicating, and i know that HID was already there, i put the other headlight bulb on not the HID.

i just checked the air bags, it has the steering wheel airbag and passenger but the passenger airbag light says its off(passenger airbag off). so yeah BIG ASS MISTAKE. should of walked away.

if im not mistaken, the passenger side airbag should always say off, unless it detects weight in the passenger seat. other wise the airbag will deploy when there is none sitting there. have someone sit there and turn the car on. it should go away. indicating its active

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
^You're not mistaken, PASSENGER AIRBAG OFF light means there's no passenger, and the airbag will not deploy.

OP, as @NeoDragons said, have someone else sit in the passengers side and that light should go off.

Did you replace the right turn signal bulb?

Also you'll likely need a new power steering pump.

OP
OP
NoobOnHOnda

NoobOnHOnda

Nub here.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
alright, I'll do that.

and no, i replaced the headlight bulb.

choo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatch Sport 6MT , 1995 240sx
Country flag
lol it is not illegal to drive without airbags. If it didnt have them dont bother replacing them...just save up for a non-salvage car if you are worried about it.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
I'm pretty sure if your car came with airbags from the factory, driving that same car w/out airbags is illegal.

Although it'll probably vary state by state with your strange state/federal laws.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Best of luck, 'cause this sounds like a shitshow of a purchase TBH.

DMV first 'cause if you're driving with essentially no title, no registration, and no insurance, that's just a huge no.

Then mechanic to *see* if anyone is willing to touch the whole "I don't have airbags" situation. Good luck with that.

Moral of the story is you got shafted big time. And even if it isn't illegal to drive w/o airbags (dunno CA laws), why in the hell would you not want to? So many people drive without paying attention that I wouldn't risk my life like that.

I love my car, but I value my life more.

OP
OP
NoobOnHOnda

NoobOnHOnda

Nub here.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
There are airbags. and yeah, i was just thinking if i could take it to a dealer as a trade in because i dont want to deal with it, but im wondering if the dealer are willing to take the car .that hasnt being registered to my name.

Man and i was about to walk away since the fucking power steering didnt work i wasnt going to be able to drive the shit but my neighbor convinced me to buy the pile.. fuck men, am not even sure if the name on the title is legit, Hector Zaldivar Pineda. but the guy kind of look arabic and thats a spanish name. idk . im in big fucking trouble. money thrown down the toilet

Last edited:

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
I'm just gonna ask one question, because if I say anything else I'm probably gonna get banned.

Do you have an official California Bill of Sale, transferring ownership of the car from whomever, to your name?
And if so, did you make sure there are no liens to the car, before you bought it?

OP
OP
NoobOnHOnda

NoobOnHOnda

Nub here.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
I have the Title of the car. but it hasnt being register since 2014.... Fuck .

Sman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 EX Hatch w/ Sensing
I have the Title of the car. but it hasnt being register since 2014.... Fuck .
You need to register the car in your name. If it is similar to Wisconsin, if you title jump (buy a car and sell it without registering it) you get a huge fine if caught. I see it all the time up here on Craigslist. People need money and sell their car for cheap, buyer then sells the car for more money. Second buyer reports that he bought the car for the higher price and the original seller gets hit with the taxes from that sale. Middle guy walks out with more money and no taxes to be paid.

What did you end up buying it for?
Sponsored