NewCivicRs

First Name
CIVIC.FK4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo RS
Country flag
Hi guys.. been crossing flood road tonight, can't avoid it so no choice.

Car still in stock suspension/stock height and wheels. Water almost cover whole tire, almost..because the headlight still ok. But I feel the car is already heavy like going to stall, so I put the trans to S to rev higher and slowly pass it, no check engine light and finally success pass through it.

Immediately pop the hood, no water on the hoses, electricals and something else inside engine bay is dirty with dust (no water), just a little water on underneath coverage alluminum, sign of water get inside a bit but still at down there, not reaching the top side yet and I can see it clearly from the top using phone light. I have checked the engine oil, cvt oil, no problem, all looks clean (not milky). Brake fluid, coolant, also good, no milky. Intake filter is dry, so far it's good.
Foglamps, headlamps functioning properly, all good.

Check the cabin interior, all good, dashboard good, remove carpet, found no water at all, all good.

Drive home for about 25km seems no problem, engine sounds good as usual, power still strong, cvt is fine too. At home I checked the dipstick again and oil still fine, no milky color.

Did I miss something else to check? Am I lucky? Any opinion?
Sponsored

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
You’re dipping hot engine and trans into cold water. That rapid temperature change can warp the metals and cause seal issues.

If water were to get into your air intake, it could hydrolock the engine.

I wouldn‘t drive through a 3 inch puddle if i could help it.

Take a different route if you can

OP
OP
NewCivicRs

NewCivicRs

First Name
CIVIC.FK4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo RS
Country flag
You’re dipping hot engine and trans into cold water. That rapid temperature change can warp the metals and cause seal issues.

If water were to get into your air intake, it could hydrolock the engine.

I wouldn‘t drive through a 3 inch puddle if i could help it.

Take a different route if you can
Water did not reach intake. It's all fine.
That's why I am confused a bit.
If you read that carefully, I have the fluids and cabin, all fine, no water.

Is anything else to check?

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
I don't know of anything else to check. But if you start experiencing error messages in a few weeks; it's probably rust or electrical corrosion on a sensor.

If it were me; I'd open the hood and run a fan on it overnight. And I'd cross my fingers.

Good luck.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
Water did not reach intake. It's all fine.
That's why I am confused a bit.
If you read that carefully, I have the fluids and cabin, all fine, no water.

Is anything else to check?
Im telling you what could happen and why you shouldnt do it again.

dem2757

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
You should never drive into water covering a roadway, it’s a game of roulette and you got lucky. Cars are not meant to be submerged - water covering the sidewall to the rim is the deepest puddle you should cross.

OP
OP
NewCivicRs

NewCivicRs

First Name
CIVIC.FK4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo RS
Country flag
I don't know of anything else to check. But if you start experiencing error messages in a few weeks; it's probably rust or electrical corrosion on a sensor.

If it were me; I'd open the hood and run a fan on it overnight. And I'd cross my fingers.

Good luck.
Hopefully will not happen, I just drove the car to the carwash, and the car is fine. No CEL.

Im telling you what could happen and why you shouldnt do it again.
Yes thanks man.. I am really glad ?
You should never drive into water covering a roadway, it’s a game of roulette and you got lucky. Cars are not meant to be submerged - water covering the sidewall to the rim is the deepest puddle you should cross.
Yes lastnight was too crazy man.. I got no choice, but there were some roads with more higher intensity flood, thankfully it's avoided, if not it will probably bye bye.
I went to carwash, remove undercarriage cover, see the Driveshaft get some rust, should it be cleaned immediately? If yes, I'll go to honda dealer to do it soon.
Sponsored