Need Horn replacement for my Civic X Sedan, Suggestion plz?

Ammar

First Name
Ammar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 EX sedan
Hey folks,

Well I’m new to the forum and this is the first post ever, been driving my Civic 17 EX since 1 and half year now. Had been thinking about replacing my horn lately but after a few recent road rages I believe now its enough with the builtin shitty horn. Need to replace it to reply to people’s bullshit.

Suggest some horn replacement and where can I get it from? I live in Toronto, Ontario.

Thanks,
Ammar.
Sponsored

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
Single horn, an Accord low tone is plug-n-play, WoLo is also good. Dual horns? Use both hi & lo tone Accords or a pair of Hellas. Bumper has to come off to do it right, I have the dual Accords (from an 18) love them, I've also used the Hellas in Miatas with good results. There are already threads here about this subject.

Dis4Damion

First Name
Damion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
New horn = no more road rage ?

Is it a scientific study ?
I know you're making a joke, but wouldn't you agree that the stock horn is somewhat "whimpy?"

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I know you're making a joke, but wouldn't you agree that the stock horn is somewhat "whimpy?"

I don't care about horn is "whimpy" or not.
i would remove bumper just because is not the horn I like. I have some rattle after or worse.....

There are many thing are not the best in the Civic, not surprise we bought a low budget car.......

KYBubblehead

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sports Touring
Country flag
I used these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CRZXPI/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I did remove the front bumper cover to do the install. I ended up putting both on the passenger side, where the stock horn used to be...
It took longer to remove the bumper cover than it did to install 2 horns. I just made a jumper to hook up the 2nd horn.
I'm glad I did it, however, as many have noted - the stock horn is "wimpy" to the max...

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I used these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CRZXPI/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I did remove the front bumper cover to do the install. I ended up putting both on the passenger side, where the stock horn used to be...
It took longer to remove the bumper cover than it did to install 2 horns. I just made a jumper to hook up the 2nd horn.
I'm glad I did it, however, as many have noted - the stock horn is "wimpy" to the max...

Ypu must know how to wire a relay between horn and normal DC supply. If not.....you may damage electonic , wiring or just a fuse

Honda Civic 10th gen Need Horn replacement for my Civic X Sedan, Suggestion plz? image

KYBubblehead

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sports Touring
Country flag
Ypu must know how to wire a relay between horn and normal DC supply. If not.....you may damage electonic , wiring or just a fuse

image.png
Yup; not that difficult to do. A relay is a good thing to esp. if the wiring is questionable.

OP
OP

Ammar

First Name
Ammar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New horn = no more road rage ?

Is it a scientific study ?
Loud Horn = Loud reply
Wimpy Horn = Low reply

Because sometimes you gotta raise your voice to shut people down. Ignoring doesn't always help.

OP
OP

Ammar

First Name
Ammar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I used these:

Thanks so much. But I think the one that Dis4damion posted above sounds more better and louder. The one you mentioned is also available on Ali express on cheaper price. Removing bumper wont be an issue for me though.

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Loud Horn = Loud reply
Wimpy Horn = Low reply

Because sometimes you gotta raise your voice to shut people down. Ignoring doesn't always help.

I'm not convinced of that but if it can reassure the author, why not
It never happened to me with all my cars with all "winpy" horn.

If the original horn did not work safely, Honda would not install it.
Wanting to change the behavior of people on the road with gadgets is illusory

caspar21

2018 Civic Si
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
If the original horn did not work safely, Honda would not install it.
Wanting to change the behavior of people on the road with gadgets is illusory
sometimes its not about the other guy.
sometimes i just need to voice my appreciation of the other guy's dumb ass move with more than a little toot.:mad::catfight:

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
sometimes its not about the other guy.
sometimes i just need to voice my appreciation of the other guy's dumb ass move with more than a little toot.:mad::catfight:

1- Wanting to change the behavior of people on the road with gadgets is illusory
2- Waiste of time.

And most important ;Violence does not solve anything
Sponsored