Need help with Hondata after Honda dealer ecu update.

oceancamp

First Name
Lorenzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R (FK8)
Country flag
Hi there,

I’m looking for advice to resolve an issue with my fk8 with Hondata (professionally custom tuned).

I’ve recently had troubles with the car randomly not starting.

After unsuccessfully trying to pinpoint the issue (2 fuel pumps changed), I decided to take it to the Honda dealer. Before doing so I “returned to stock” with my flashpro.

The dealer wasn’t able to identify the problem but proceeded to install a factory update on my ECU.

Now here’s my problem:

-when I connect my flashpro/pc to the car I can see that it’s still jailbroken and locked to the ECU/VIN but the binary currently installed is listed as “unknown”.

-I wanted to unlock the flashpro from the car (to pair it again at a later date and download the current factory calibration) but to do so I have to “return to stock”. Would I be reflashing my original (non factory-updated) calibration if I did so?

I’m asking because in case I have to return the car to the dealer for further troubleshooting I don’t want them to see I tampered with the ECU (by erasing the recent “update”).

-I’m assuming I’m not locked out of reflashing the ECU (i.e with a custom tune) but maybe I am?

(I’m disinclined to try before I know exactly what could happen).

Hopefully I’ve explained my situation well enough to receive some advice, which would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You'd most likely have to flash a new tune to get it to unlock and that would erase the update they installed. Always flash to stock before you take it in for any major repairs.

OP
OP
oceancamp

oceancamp

First Name
Lorenzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R (FK8)
Country flag
You'd most likely have to flash a new tune to get it to unlock and that would erase the update they installed. Always flash to stock before you take it in for any major repairs.
Thanks for your reply.
I did flash it back to stock before taking it in. Maybe you meant unlocking the flashpro from the ECU?
I didn’t know there was a chance they’d update the ECU, I would have done so otherwise.
Just to clarify if anyone else can chime in:
I tried to undergo the unlock from ECU procedure once the car was back but the flashpro manager prompted me to flash with the stock calibration before proceding. Where is this stock calibration stored? Online? Because my “new” stock calibration is in the ECU only and I’d like to be sure that I do have a stock calibration to fall back to (if there’s no way of saving the one I currently have in the ECU). Hope this makes sense.
Sponsored

Last edited: