Kyle Toomey

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7
Country flag
Got an fk7. Gonna get the eibach pro lowering springs for it. I’ve seen mixed responses on here about needing a camber kit for lowering springs. My question is do I really need them or is the idea overblown. First time changing a cars suspension. Just need some help. Sorry if I sound dumb. Thanks!
Sponsored

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
I’ve had pro kit on my ex hatch for 14 months/9k miles, and don’t have camber arms.

Had the alignment done a few hundred miles after the install, and was told my alignment was still in spec.

youll be fine, just make sure to rotate your tires at correct intervals.

OP
OP

Kyle Toomey

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7
Country flag
I’ve had pro kit on my ex hatch for 14 months/9k miles, and don’t have camber arms.

Had the alignment done a few hundred miles after the install, and was told my alignment was still in spec.

youll be fine, just make sure to rotate your tires at correct intervals.
thanks dog

MattykinzFC3

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si coupe
Country flag
Got an fk7. Gonna get the eibach pro lowering springs for it. I’ve seen mixed responses on here about needing a camber kit for lowering springs. My question is do I really need them or is the idea overblown. First time changing a cars suspension. Just need some help. Sorry if I sound dumb. Thanks!
Okay so oddly enough I feel as if I am reading my past self, I asked myself the same thing, I had a friend who got them and he was in “spec” but I didn’t realize that meant he was actually just out of spec, so my camber in the rear was off by like .2 from being green (I wanted to be in the green) so I bought the camber arms. If ur picky like me, get the camber arms, if u don’t mind being slightly out of spec, don’t even worry about them

MattykinzFC3

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si coupe
Country flag
Okay so oddly enough I feel as if I am reading my past self, I asked myself the same thing, I had a friend who got them and he was in “spec” but I didn’t realize that meant he was actually just out of spec, so my camber in the rear was off by like .2 from being green (I wanted to be in the green) so I bought the camber arms. If ur picky like me, get the camber arms, if u don’t mind being slightly out of spec, don’t even worry about them
I drive an si coupe idk if it makes a difference as far as alignment goes though

MattykinzFC3

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si coupe
Country flag
I drive an si coupe idk if it makes a difference as far as alignment goes though
Also not trying to drag this out but I’m trying to be as informative as possible, my dad works at Honda and I have easy access to an alignment rack, if it’s something u have to pay for or go out of ur way to do, I would buy the camber arms and get it all done once for good

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Pretty much what he said…. If you do end up out of spec, it’s pretty insignificant, but will cause uneven wear if you don’t rotate your tires when you’re supposed to.

if you don’t mind paying for the kit + potential install (if you’re not doing it yourself), do it, but you’ll be OK without it.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m going to go against the comment grain here: No, you don’t need a camber kit. Use the money for proper tools, if you don’t have them already, if you plan on doing the install yourself.

Lowering a vehicle alters camber specs, but a Pro Kit is such a subtle drop that the effect on camber is negligible (see others’ comments). Why are you concerned about camber anyway? Lowering also throws toe out of alignment, which is the actual cause of premature tire wear, not the small negative camber we typically deal with (track or hella-stance camber numbers are extreme, and will cause wear differentials).

Do the install with proper tools, not rushed, have fun with it, learn lots, enjoy the result once your done, post pics for us ?, go get a full F/R alignment, then drive off into the sunset. …in that order. ?

And you don’t sound dumb; you sound responsible for asking questions, and trying to learn. ??
Sponsored