OP
zalijie

zalijie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 type r, 13 crz
Country flag
I have this noise since new(my2017). It usually happens in colder/winter weather at lower speeds. Summer is quiet. The only difference in winter is that I run 18s on winter tires.
Interesting, looks like it might be a common issue?
Sponsored

Hats_N_Hoodies

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Hatch
Country flag
I have had the clunking on slow moving bumps as well. Happens when it gets cooler. My mechanic says its the stock sway bar bushings. Noise went away completely during the warmer months.

Tac3403

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic EX-T sedan 1.5T Cvt
Country flag
Thanks for sharing. I was in the same situation as you last year, I only heard it when driving on/off driveway ramp. Now it just got worse. Have you figured out what's going on?
my ex-t is making the noise you describe here. I'm guessing mine is from front swaybar bushings. It started after hitting a large pothole. I did a quick jiggle and check of all components and bushings exceeeeept for that

borcth

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I've have had this audible clicking/creaking noise on the driver side front during sharp right slow turns versus a clunking noise - like driving around a parking lot but not making standard turns around town on the road. It's weird. Little bastard noise gremlin. Been like that for about 6 months. I took it to my mechanic last summer when I first noticed it and they checked everything and took apart things and could not find the culprit. Seems to be more noticeable when cold though or in the late evening. I'll have them check again next time I'm in for service in a few months.

Last edited:
OP
OP
zalijie

zalijie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 type r, 13 crz
Country flag
I have had the clunking on slow moving bumps as well. Happens when it gets cooler. My mechanic says its the stock sway bar bushings. Noise went away completely during the warmer months.
Interesting. I will keep an eye on it.

OP
OP
zalijie

zalijie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 type r, 13 crz
Country flag
I've have had this audible clicking/creaking noise on the driver side front during sharp right slow turns versus a clunking noise - like driving around a parking lot but not making standard turns around town on the road. It's weird. Little bastard noise gremlin. Been like that for about 6 months. I took it to my mechanic last summer when I first noticed it and they checked everything and took apart things and could not find the culprit. Seems to be more noticeable when cold though or in the late evening. I'll have them check again next time I'm in for service in a few months.
Thanks for sharing, please keep us posted if you find anything in the next service.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
That's the normal noise of your LSD at full turn at low speed - totally normal imo same on my 2019 same on my 2021.

borcth

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
That's the normal noise of your LSD at full turn at low speed - totally normal imo same on my 2019 same on my 2021.
Really? I never thought of that. How interesting. Hmm..I wonder why I only noticed it since then and not before though? Is it just something that happens with age/miles on the car?

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Really? I never thought of that. How interesting. Hmm..I wonder why I only noticed it since then and not before though? Is it just something that happens with age/miles on the car?
I just think you happened to notice it and can now easily replicate it. I just innately now don't cut such a hard turn to get into my parking space because the noise is annoying. But it's just the LSD.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just think you happened to notice it and can now easily replicate it. I just innately now don't cut such a hard turn to get into my parking space because the noise is annoying. But it's just the LSD.
I’d be curious to know what’s actually going on inside the LSD to make that noise. 🤔 Any ideas?

Ronny2019

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
I talked to a honda tech about this issue with my car and they said when it gets cold the rubber strut hats get almost like hard plastic witch can make the suspension noisy. Ot a answer I wanted but i guess its ok just annoying. I have been getting the horrible squeaking noises when i go over anything even when turning the steering wheel. It all started a few months into lowering my car with springs. So i bought bc racing coil overs I installed the rears on Sunday but it started getting nasty out so i am trying to do the fronts on Monday I hope it helps lol
Sponsored