Need help! - Trying to run wire from driver's footwell to underbody, where can I?

JuiceStainD

First Name
Juice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 LX Sedan
Country flag
As above said, I'm trying to run wire from the footwell to the underbody of my car.

I have wiring from the fuse box under the hood going through the grommet that houses the OBD-II wires (had to remove the battery to do this). Then connects to a control box that I'm housing in the driver's footwell. From the control box, I'm trying to lead the wiring to the underbody of the car.

I've tried the grommet that holds the cable for the hood release, too tight to even put a coat hanger wire through with pushing with full force. Plus I wouldn't want to ruin the hood release cable itself. I've looked at youtube videos, but no luck. Perhaps I'm not looking hard enough? I've gone as far as removing the plastic trimming on the floor and the trim around the hood release and gone under the carpet, no holes. I'd rather not go back through the grommet with the OBD-II wires as it's a pain in the butt to remove the battery again.

Drilling a hole would be a LAST RESORT, but I'd like to avoid that option as much as possible. If anyone would know access points, that would be great. Especially if they lead into the fender panel.

Thanks guys !
Sponsored

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
If you want to use the hood release grommet just pull it out of the hole. Its a weird plug shaped thing. Loom your wires and fill the hole with silicone or get a new grommet. You'll have to cut a slit in the new one to accommodate the existing cable though.

OP
OP
JuiceStainD

JuiceStainD

First Name
Juice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 LX Sedan
Country flag
If you want to use the hood release grommet just pull it out of the hole. Its a weird plug shaped thing. Loom your wires and fill the hole with silicone or get a new grommet. You'll have to cut a slit in the new one to accommodate the existing cable though.
Would I have to pull out that grommet with a flat head? And is it hard to get out?

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Would I have to pull out that grommet with a flat head? And is it hard to get out?
I think I used needlenose pliers. It came out pretty easily.

OP
OP
JuiceStainD

JuiceStainD

First Name
Juice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 LX Sedan
Country flag
I think I used needlenose pliers. It came out pretty easily.
Forgot to mention, this is what I’m trying to lead. It has this connector on both ends and can’t be removable. I think this is a tad big to fit through the grommet unless I snip the grommet completely, put it in, then super glue it closed.

Honda Civic 10th gen Need help! - Trying to run wire from driver's footwell to underbody, where can I? 8868F29A-8D77-4FBB-B43A-0F142F6873F8

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Forgot to mention, this is what I’m trying to lead. It has this connector on both ends and can’t be removable. I think this is a tad big to fit through the grommet unless I snip the grommet completely, put it in, then super glue it closed.

8868F29A-8D77-4FBB-B43A-0F142F6873F8.jpeg
Oh that is large. I'd personally try to un pin that connector and feed the wires through the grommet first.

Ocelot

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EX-T sedan, '12 LX sedan
Country flag
Can

Can't. Looks like im SOOL.
there's just three colour coded wires, I'd stagger-cut it - pass the bare wire through a small hole in the grommet, then re-splice either by solder or small hy-links and heat shrink. Doing a stagger-cut will make it less bulky at the splice. (just took a closer look - 4 wires, suggestion still stands)

UnknownCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR SGP, Mercedes-Benz 2014 C250
Country flag
@JuiceStainD
Did you find a way yet?
There is a hole from the drivers foot well into the fender, at least on my car.
I used it to run my amp wiring into the engine bay.

jscm

First Name
sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
damn. I have a 4 gauge wire and 2 small wires going through that hood release hole(grommet removed) with no problem.

jXian

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Don't use duct tape. Go buy some RTV from an auto parts store for $5 and seal that properly, please. Your car will thank you.
Sponsored