First Name
Anir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Hi,

I just got my Work Meister S1 wheels mounted today after getting my fenders rolled. The wheels are +11 offset and are 18x8.5. They are still on the stock SI tires(Goodyear) which are 235/40/18. All 4 tires are rubbing when i encounter even the slightest bump, which I cannot deal with. Do you guys have any tips on how to fix it? The car is also currently lowered on D2 springs that are maxed out, if I raise the ride-height this might help alleviate the problem, but I still think there has to be a better solution. Maybe lowering the size of my tires? I don't know if going down to 225 or potentialy 215 would help, and lowering to this size would also cause the tire to stretch. Please let me know if you have any tips, I really need to get this fixed so my car is drivable again!
Sponsored

Last edited:

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Hi,

I just got my Work Meister S1 wheels mounted today after getting my fenders rolled. The wheels are +11 offset and are 18x8.5. They are still on the stock SI tires(Goodyear) which are 235/40/18. All 4 tires are rubbing when i encounter even the slightest bump, which I cannot deal with. Do you guys have any tips on how to fix it? The car is also currently lowered on D2 springs that are maxed out, if I raise the ride-height this might help alleviate the problem, but I still think there has to be a better solution. Maybe lowering the size of my tires? I don't know if going down to 225 or potentialy 215 would help, and lowering to this size would also cause the tire to stretch. Please let me know if you have any tips, I really need to get this fixed so my car is drivable again!
I feel like you should try raising it first before buying new tires.

Can't really be surprised you're rubbing if you have it slammed.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That is a very aggressive wheel offset for our cars. For an 18x8.5 wheel, +35 should be the most you go if you don’t want to rub while lowered.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
That is a very aggressive wheel offset for our cars. For an 18x8.5 wheel, +35 should be the most you go if you don’t want to rub while lowered.
VERY aggressive. OP, if you know what wheel offsets are, then you should know why this won't work...

The stock Si wheels are 8" with a +50 offset. Some people are running 15-20mm spacers to get them flush with the fenders, so pretty much any wheel with lower than +30 offset will be sticking out past your fender.

Now it's not impossiple to fit those wheels, it will just involve some more modification - rolled fenders, stretched tires, negative camber, etc.

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi,

I ran a 18x9 +12 zero issues. Just go down a tire width size.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In my opinion the best option is to find wheels that fit. You may can find a way to force those to work but I don't know that it would be worth the overall effort.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi,

Dang! ...pics of your stance?

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In my opinion the best option is to find wheels that fit. You may can find a way to force those to work but I don't know that it would be worth the overall effort.
They're 3pc. He can rebuild the barrels for a better offset. I still don't think he needs to. 18x8.5 aint shit considering I ran a 18x9 +12 no issues on coilovers and 0 added camber minus natural.

_.berr

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Idgi are you on springs or coilovers? You cant raise / lower if youre on springs, unless you cut them. Go down to 215/40/18. Honestly dont see how you rub, im on 18 x 9.5 +10 way aggresive than you & only time i rub is if i hit the corners hard. No shaving / fender rolling needed.

Cheesus_Si

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si
Country flag
They're 3pc. He can rebuild the barrels for a better offset. I still don't think he needs to. 18x8.5 aint shit considering I ran a 18x9 +12 no issues on coilovers and 0 added camber minus natural.
what size tires did you have?

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
what size tires did you have?
215 40 18, and at one point ran 225 40 18. The 215 didn't rub at all in any condition, the 225 did under strain or full turns. Also, i had to tuck the lining of the rear quarter panels so they wouldn't slice into the tire.

OP
OP
si_aneezy

si_aneezy

First Name
Anir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Hey guys thanks for all the advice. I am thinking of maybe going down to a skinnier tire. My fenders are rolled and pulled, and I am going in for fine-tuning on this after I figure out how I am going to use the wheels. I am not on coils, I am on D2 lowering springs. swah and berr, can you DM me? You guys are the only two with similar aggressive offset and I would definitely like to go over fine tuning the issues with you.

OP
OP
si_aneezy

si_aneezy

First Name
Anir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Idgi are you on springs or coilovers? You cant raise / lower if youre on springs, unless you cut them. Go down to 215/40/18. Honestly dont see how you rub, im on 18 x 9.5 +10 way aggresive than you & only time i rub is if i hit the corners hard. No shaving / fender rolling needed.
I am on D2 lowering springs
Sponsored